cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of Fox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created two planning function(two different Fox) on the basis of condition to be checked before the Fox gets executed(By selecting Employee category for used in condition).Now if the condition is O for Empcat first fox should get executed else if condition is E second fox should get executed.

I have also created one Planning Sequence in which I've merged both the fox one after another.If first condition doesn't met it should directly execute the second one.

Is this possible? How far it is going to effect the performance?

Is their any way like se30 to check the performance in BI.

My problem is I want to check out the execution of Planning Sequence and the value for Employee category by giving Break-Point. But if I'll do so by giving break-point in Fox in that case only value would be their for EMPCAT ,I'won't be able to check for else part.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An idea how to realize it:

It may be possible to write a 3rd planning function (name here COND1), which evaluates your condition and stores the result somewhere e.g. in the memory by using the ABAP export statement. You need to run this function as first planning function in your planning sequence.

In your both already defined FOX-formulars (name here FOX1, FOX2) you are reading this values from the memory e.g. by calling a function which uses the ABAP import statement.

Now you can implement an IF-statement in your FOX which evaluates the result and either ends or executes the FOX. You can call this in your planning sequence, which uses the planning functions COND1, FOX1 and FOX2.

-

To check the performance in integrated planning please create an RSTT-Trace for your application (see note 899572 for details). Once this is done you find some usefull information in the trace, eg. the times which was used for every step. You could also run TA SE30 to start TA RSTT and replay your recorded trace.

If you are using TA BPS0 you can start use TA SE30 to start BSP0.

Regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use If - end if and Do loops and check for the conditions.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You definitely dont need two FOX functions. You can create two conditions in the same FOX with separate code for each. This will work better than having two FOX formulae.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use one fox and make an IF-statement on the condition you want? Between the statements you can put your already created code.

Regards,

Juriaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurrian,

Thanx for u r help.I know we can put multiple If statement in same Fox.I hve already tried out that also and its working fine.

But I Just want to which would be better in terms of Performance and Why?

Is their any tool or transaction from which we can trap the performance of Planning Sequence.

Regads,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurrian,

Thanx for u r help.I know we can put multiple If statement in same Fox.I have already tried out that also and its working fine.

But I Just want to Know which would be better in terms of Performance and Why?

Is their any tool or transaction from which we can trap the performance of Planning Sequence.

Regads,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can compare the performance of the planning sequence you are running through the transaction BPS_STAT0. this transaction will give the time taken by the planning application that you are running.

Compare both the ways for your requirement and check which is faster.

Regards,

Bindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

Thanx for u r help. But I'm currently working with BI-IP not on BPS. So if u know the transaction code for it in IP just let me know.

Regards,

Indu