cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in connecting client to server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I am working on SAP Bussines One 2005 B PL27 on the server side. I am gettting an error message as mentioned below "

Connection failed:

SQL State: ' 01000'

SQL Server Error : 1326

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen ( Connect()).

Connetion Failed:

SQL State: ' 08000 '

SQL Server Error : 17

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

thank you in advance

Edited by: Marc Riar on Jan 25, 2008 9:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

Ensure Windows Firewall (start - settings - control panel - windows firewall) is off (de-activated) & any anti virus protection like symantec is disabled (you can worry about using exceptions later, for now just de-activate).

Please note that if you are using MS SQL Server 2005, you must load 'Microsoft SQL Server Native Client' connection tools (sqlncli.exe) on the XP workstations to be able to connect to the SQL Server. This is not necessary with SQL 2000. I'm uncertain whether Windows Vista workstations require the SQL native client to be loaded.

Also ensure, which in your case has been done as other pc's are connecting to the SQL Server, that remote connections to the SQL server are allowed (SQL Server Surface Area Configuration - Remote Connections - Local & Remote Connections - Using both TCP/IP and named pipes (at least initially, can restrict to TCP/IP only later). Restart SQL Server service.

To test whether you can access the MS SQL Server on the server machine, from your client, you can from a dos command prompt (start - run - cmd) also use telnet ie "c:> telnet SERVERPC 1433 ",where SERVERPC is ip address or name of server.

The above command will attempt to connect on port 1433 which is normally the port sql communicates on.

A black blank screen will appear (which means it's connected to SQL port and you can type commands) or connection failed message appears.

I must state, I've never had a problem connecting to a SQL Server, whether 2000 or 2005, after ensuring these basics were taken care of.

Good luck!

Regards,

George

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When are you getting this error and how are you trying to connect to SQL Server.

Please explain in a little detail

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii Suda,

Well we have an SAP B1 Server with SQL Server 2005 with a B1 2005B Licence installed on an Windows 2003 Operating System. There are around 5 Clients connected to this Server, out of which 3 computers have SQL Server 2000 and Windows XP SAP B1 Client has been installed on this PC and the other 2 PC just the B1 client has been installed. We have tried troubleshooting the network is working fine. All other client server application and file sharing is also working fine. The only problem we are facing is connecting SAP B1 through a Client Server format. We are able to Start the Server and work it as a standalone.

Thanks in Advance

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

If your network is working fine u can use remote connection from the client machine & connect the server.Else use ODBC connection

Start->Run->odbcad32->ADD->select SAL server Driver->Select the server name->SQL Server Authentication login sa & password (if any)->then click next next ->finish

And test the connection.Also check any DLL registretion is left or not