cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockbox User Exit EXIT_RFEBLB20_001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For lockbox procedure in SAP customer identification is the primary task of the initial data processing of each lockbox payment. Finding the corresponding document clearing information is the second task. Lockbox program RFEBLB00 for BAI and BAI2 attempt to identify the customer first by MICR number (ABA/bank account number combination) and then by invoice number.

What could be done in the user exit if we want the system to identify the invoice number first if matches clear it and ignore the MICR number. But if invoice number is not found then go with the MICR number and post in that customer.

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sending the doc.

If you go through page 6 of the document, the diagram depicts that the user exit is being called only if the customer was found based on the MICR (see the second row of blocks).

If the customer is not found by the MICR, there is no path in the diagram. Looking at the diagram I was wondering, even before checking MICR, the program is checking the customer based on Invoice Ref.

So, I still maintain that using this user exit, we cannot meet your requirement.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev, you are GENIUS and right that how the system is checking the customer based on Invoice Ref before the MICR number. Do you think it may be possible. but I know if you don't have the MICR number then customer is found by invoice number. I mean if you just check out the check mark to find by MICR number from user exit what could be happen.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

No, I am not as I just tried to reiterate what the document was saying. I am not a 'finance person' and was trying to understand the problem in order to reach to a solution.

Which check mark you are referring to?

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I am not sure but very positive that when SAP code identifies a customer based on MICR, it must be setting a flag or field. Based on this field's setting , further processing is to take place.

From the perspective of user exit, you should check if this field is passed in the parameter interface of the exit. Then only you will be able to set or reset this field based on your processing inside the exit (i.e. the system to identify the invoice number first if matches clear it and ignore the MICR number).

As a last resort, you can try to redo the processing that SAP code is doing in the exit if the above field is not passed in the parameter inteface of the exit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your great help. I am finance person so could you please tell me in some more detail because I have to explain to our ABAPer whose in europe.

I mean where we can find this flag or if you can send a screen shot will be really helpful.

Regards,

Paul

paul_sraan@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I just checked the program RFEBLB20 (program RFEBLB00 calls form routines from program RFEBLB20) and made a search for 'CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION' and got two exits. None of them is being called before the the check for MICR, so we cannot manipulate any thing before the check.

I think, unfortunately, what you want to achieve is not possible using user exits.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Edited by: Sanjeev Kumar on Jan 15, 2008 1:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I want to share some document with you in which it is mentioned:

Detailed Configuration Rationale

The user enhancement SAP allows the user to write his own logic to find customers and perform the cash application.

New Algorithm Definition.:

Step 1: Invoice Ref: Do document selection only by Invoice #. If Invoice # is found do the clearing. Ignore the MICR # check irrespective of where the customer belongs to a group or not.

o 1.1If the Invoice # is not found then perform the MICR # check to find valid customers. Call user exit function irrespective of whether a valid customer was found or not.

can I have your email to send you the detailed doc.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

my email id is : sanjeevkumar70@gmail.com