cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_02_ITM and 2LIS_02_SCL into one DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exprtz!

I'm doing the data model design for procurement and i'm intending to use standard cube 0PUR_C01, but instead of using the standard flow (directly from DS to Cube) i was wondering to load the data firstly to one DSO (with all the detail) and next to the cube.

Is there anyone who has Implemeted this scenario? I wanted to hear some experiences and if possible which data you puted on the DSO. I'm in BI 7.0 and i'm expecting to use transformations instead os update and tranfer ruels.

Thanks in Advace.

Cheers.

N.

@Points Assigned

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used the 3 different ODSs for 2LIS_02_SCL for purpose of getting the dates for GRT and IR. Since the date fields are always overwritten, the only other way we knew of would be to have the date as a key in the ODS. That was not an option we wanted to use. By separating out the transactions based on the processkeys, we were able to keep the dates for each, and then we roll it all back togeter into the one ODS.

I will email you a flow of the model.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jonh!

Thank you very much.

I'm sure this will be very helpfull to me!

Regards,

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Thats a good approach that you have taken. I was also having some issues with the posting date. I wanted PO's that were posted and also those that didn't have a posting date. Taking it (2lis_02_scl) into one ODS was not working since when I loaded data from 2lis_02_acc, the records were appended to only one row.

So I had to load data into 2 ODS's using a start routine. I only want the posting date PO's in the cube.

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nuno,

You can get the data into a DSO first and then into a cube. I haven't done it with the standard cube, but am currently doing it with a custom DSO and CUBE. You will have to specify the key fields into DSO and then once the data is in the DSO, you can update it manually or automatically into the cube. I have used the transfer and update rules till the DSO and then transformations till the cube.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Are you using as ODS Keys PO Num, Item and Schedule Line? And are you using Key figures from both datasources?

Thnks.

N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nuno,

I'm using PO Number and Item as my keys. I'm taking different key figures from both the datasources.

btw: i'm extracting from 2LIS_02_SCL and 2LIS_02_ACC.

It's been really fun (sarcatically) pulling data from these datasources!

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Anyone has other experience with this?

Thank you.