Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message in FB08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when i reverse the document using FB08.

"Document includes already cleared items - reversal not possible"

the procedure says to display the cleared items and reset all those items for which

you can find clearing document numbers.

Does anyone know which Transaction I have to use for clearing items?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you should used transaction FBRA to reset cleared items and after FB08 to revers them.

Max

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you should used transaction FBRA to reset cleared items and after FB08 to revers them.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

In FBRA, it reverses the document also which I dont

want.

Is there any other procedure for this problem?

0 Kudos

Max is correct. FBRA is the transaction to reset the cleared otems. You do have a choice if you want to reverse the document or not. See the following documentation.

<i>Choose Clearing Reset cleared items. If any correspondence requests have been created, the system asks you whether you want these requests to be flagged as Completed in order to prevent the correspondence from being sent out at a later date.

<b>You can also decide whether the clearing document should be reversed. If you do not reverse it, it will also remain in the system as an open item to be cleared along with the other open items</b>.

An exception to this is the clearing transaction in third currency. Clearing documents with exchange rate differences and clearing transactions involving documents posted with the net procedure: In these cases, the clearing document is reversed by the system when it resets the cleared items.

If you use the Cancel check payment function, in addition to the cleared items being reset, the payment document is reversed, and the related check is voided in the check register

</i>

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the description. Actually, I was using wrong data, so that's why it went directly to Reversal.

Thanks.

Will ward both of you the points