cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBBH Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to ask how to config in OBBH?

I want to put a rule to redirect posting. For example, if there will be a posting that will be made to this GL account A, it should be posted to GL account B instead.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Normally the field GL account(BSEG-HKONT) is not readily available for substitution in OBBH.To have this done table GB01 needs to be copied and modified so as to make the HKONT field substitutable.

There may be good reasons why you want to include this field for substitution but please take care that it doesnot create any inconsistency.

Regards

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

To clarify, i will need to create another GB01 table (customized table)? In which i will add HKONT field to be substitutable?

Can't i just add the HKONT to the existing table?

Thanks thanks for your promp reply. I really appreaciate. 😃

Regards,

Joelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. You need to copy and make modifications. Standard SAP doesnot allow you to make changes to GB01.

Send me a test mail to the ID listed in my business card. I shall forward you a good doc on that.

Thanks

Aravind

Assign points if useful

Edited by: Aravind Aitipamula on Jan 23, 2008 9:07 PM

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Joelle,

unfortuanately you get here completely wrong information

G/L account cannot be substituted (because of compatibility reasons and you would ruin your complete rules of accounting immediately) and copying table GB01 makes also no sense at all.

If my understanding is right, if a posting goes to a specific account (A), than you want to post to a different account (B) instead.

There are several ways to solve this:

1. A program would run each night and repost all items from A to B - In this case you have all items reposted the next day.

2. To develop a substitution exit which would add two more lines into the posting, if account A is posted:

Let's say if account A is debited with 100 USD, than the follwing lines would be added (to the already existing items):

credit A 100 USD

debit B 100 USD

This would make no balance on account A immediately.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EC,

Thanks for you reply. Ok, here's the scenario - Standard F110 posts automatically to FX difference GL account (Gain/Loss) for foreign currency transactions. The local currency equivalent has the following postings:

Dr Vendor

Cr Cash

Cr Realized Gain (or Dr Realized Loss)

What i wanted to do is change the GL account of the line item 3 (Realized Gain/loss). Can i put substitution rule to that? Like, if ever there will be an FX diff, it should be posted to other GL accounts (Misc/ Suspense) instead of Realized FX diff GL account.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally you shouldnt be doing this unless you have specific criteria to do so. Up till now no specific criteria is given, please give more info as to what other conditions is required. Becoz std config is to make use of OB09 where the criteria used is GL A/c,Currency code and currency type to distinguish different GL Acct posting for Forex. I believe you should at least consider the std options of Auto accct determination for Open Item Clearing for Exchange rate differences before using substitution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loong,

Thanks for your reply 😃

I think I cannot use OB09 because its a standard and global config for the business.

Here are the specific criterias for this transactions:

Transaction Code = F110

Document Type = TP (Treasury F110 Payment Txns)

Company Codes = CC1,CC2,CC3,CC4

Vendors Country Code is = to Turkey

Transaction Currency is NOT = to TRY

If those criterias are met, F110 should not post to GL Accounts for Forex diff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Joelle, Im afraid standard application for open item clearing activating for Forex differences would be an inherent process that you could not do without heavy customisation of F110. I would strongly advise against this procedure. Our client is having the same problems but we have a weak way of making sure there would be no forex differences that is by manipulating the forex rate before invoices are entered and payment rates are adjusted everyday based on the exchange rate table. Then by assigning another exchange rate type for at the parameters of F110 to ensure the rates tie between payment and invoice. This scenario is based on the assumption that invoices are always held off until payment is required. But still we may have rounding issues, so we have to use manual payments F-53 to ensure there would be no foreign exchange differences by manipulating the local currency amount of the total payment during entry. I dont think OBBH will work at all in this case, if what you intend is to escape from the system calculating any forex differences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loong Hin Pang,

Thanks again for your immediate response. Its not really escaping the calculation of forex difference. Actually, Forex diff will really be realized from the Invoice Date upto the Payment Date (F110 Date).We will just suspend the posting to a GL account until we receive another document from our Vendor - thats the time we will still post it to their respective FX Difference's GL account. It's actually a local regulation in that country, to only post realized FX diff once additional document is provided by the Vendor.

Manipulating the exchange rates that will be used in F110 is not also an option because it should really revaluated by the dates (Invoice Dates Vs. F110 Date).

If we are to customize F110 Program, would you know exactly the Event/Function Module/User exit that does the assignment of the FI Postings there? So we can check on where to touch the F110 Program?

Thank you very much! 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that's the case then it would be more of an accounting requirement of which you can post to any other account (suspense) then the finance dept would have to manually reclassify when the actual event is realised. Things should not be made more complicated than it should be. You would still be using OB09 for this setting just have to be creative about using the different combinations of criterias GL A/c, currency code and currency type. If all else fails then its a manual reclassification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, that's the initial plan to post it to a suspense account at F110 level and then will later on be reclassed to the FX diff. There should not be any postings to the FX difference in F110 postings.

The problem now is how should i do that in the system. Should i do that in OBBH? or F110 customization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aw.. this is a tough decision which has to be made. If it was up to me, I would just create a new bank account no which only used by F110 postings then all these postings will go to the suspense acct using OB09 settings. Please use customisation as a last resort , there will be nitemares later on just supporting the new programs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i am not able to read the OB09 the first time i read your reply.

My problem is that the OB09 is a global config for us. If i touch it, other regions processing will be screwed.

Appreciate all your suggestions!

Thanks soo much for you replies

Answers (0)