cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN-people,

We've got a serious problem. Since we imported SP14(netweaver 7.0) with BW-package 16 last week some transformations have to be activated again. But when I try to activate the message RSTRAN510 which means that the transformation cannot be activated !

When I first activate the infoset and after that I activate the transformation again I get another message. Syntax Error in GP_ERR_RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL. When I look in this ABAP-code there's a structure that causes the problem. Some fields are declared more then once in this structure.

Does anyone of you recognize this problems ??

What steps do I have to make to get the ABAp_code generated in the right way, without syntax errors.

I already implemented 30 notes of BW-package 17 which have a releation to transformations, but they did not solve the problem !

regards,

Gert-Jan van Holland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert

We have also noticed some syntax errors with this patch which we applied in Dev a week ago. In fact the errors have caused the transports to fail, and we now seem to have some DB instability in the dev box and are unable to patch Prod.

In addition in Dev we also suffered failures in transformations that had previously worked and had not been touched since the original development.

We are working mostly on custom stuff, but you didn't mention of your development was Bus Cont or custom. In any event we have managed to get some to work by following this process:

exit the system and re-login

go to rsa1

Go into the target object (cube, ods or MD) and force a minor change (right-click > change) - for example add a space to a description of some kind.

Activate the object. This should have the effect of de-activating your transformations and DTPs

Next do a similar thing with the transformation right click change, then change a description then activate

Assuming all is OK at this point continue with the following:

Next activate the DTP

Next activate the error DTP if you use one.

Finally exit RSA1 and go back in. This resets the buffer and allows you to see the whole situation.

Trigger your DTP to load from PSA.

If you still do not manage to activate the transformation as in the steps above, then I suggest an SAP Message is in order.

I don't know if this helps.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

SAP solved the problem this afternoon !

Next monday note 1136035 will be released !

Regards,

Gert-Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GJ,

First you have to correct the code, then only you can activate Transformations.

We don't know exactly what you have written in the code, so please check the code and try to correct it.Then activate Transformations, and again activate Infoset.

Hope it helps you.

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me at what moment the code has been generated. How is it possible that some fields have been declared twice in this generated code ?

What will happen if I change the code and generate the transformation/infoset again.

Will the adjustments be overwritten ??

Regards,

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

After the SP upgrade this happens.

u have to correct the syntax and activate the transformation.

This is the only way

regards

zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any start or end routine written on transformations?

I f there is then you can correct the your code .

Regards,

Chama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u correct the syntax error and activate the transformation.it work fine.since in routine we may get some syntax error due to conversion from bw3.5 to bi7.

Regards

Dina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U have to correct the syntax again. I also faced the same issue.

regards

zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

But that will be a modification i a generated program. When I activate the infosets/transformations it will be changed back isn't it ???