See Details to configure route determination
Maintain Purchase Organization
Path: SproEnterprise StructureDefinitionMaterials ManagementMaintain Purchasing Organization.
Create Purchasing Group
Path: SproMaterials ManagementPurchasingCreate Purchasing Group.
Maintain Transportation Planning Point to Company Code.
Path: SproEnterprise StructureDefinitionLogistics ExecutionMaintain Transportation Planning Point
Assign Transportation planning point to company code.
Assign Purchasing Organization to Company Code.
Path: SproEnterprise StructureAssignmentMaterials managementAssign Purchasing Organization to Company Code.
Assign Purchasing Organization to Plant.
Path: SproEnterprise StructureAssignmentMaterials management-- Assign Purchasing Organization to Plant
Create Vendor Account Group
Path: ImgFinancial AccountingAccounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
Customer AccountsVendor AccountsMaster DataPreparations for Creating Vendor Master Data--Define Account Group
Define Modes of Transport
Path: SproLogistics ExecutionTransportationBasic Transportation Function---RoutesDefine RoutesDefine Modes of Transport.
Define Shipping Types
Path: Under the Same Menu path---Define Shipping Types
Select New Entries and Assign the Shipping Type (e.g. Road or Train) and Assign Mode of Transport (Mdtr) and Assign Shipping type Procedure group.
Define Transportation Connection Point
Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Define Transportation Connection Point.
Define Routes and Stages.
Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Define Routes and Stages.
Select the New Entries and Enter the Details
Then Select the Routes stages and define
Maintain Stages for all Routes.
Path: Under the Same Menu path---Maintain Stages for all Routes.
Define Transportation Zone
Path: SproLogistics ExecutionTransportationBasic Transportation Function---RoutesRoute DeterminationDefine Transportation Zone.
Maintain County and Transportation Zone for Shipping Point.
Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Maintain County and Transportation Zone for Shipping Point.
Select the Shipping point and enter the Country and Transportation Zone
Define Transportation Groups.
Path: Under the Same Menu path---Define Transportation Groups
Maintain Route Determination
Path: Under the Same Menu path--Maintain Route Determination.
Select New Entries and Define the Route Determination.
Path: SproLogistics ExecutionTransportationBasic Transportation FunctionShipments
Define Shipment Types
Path: SproLogistics ExecutionTransportationBasic Transportation FunctionShipmentsDefine Shipment Types.
Select the New Entries and define Shipment Type
Go to Customer master data.
In Address of General data. Enter the Transportation Zone id. and save
U will get the route.
Reward if useful.
Let us use this forum to clarify doubts. Pls go through the SAP help. After taking help from SAP help and after configuring the same in your development server if you get doubts/ errors pls voice them. Somebody will give you a helping hand.
If you ask for settings we will copy the help and ask for reward points. You will not learn anything and there is no value addition/ harnessing of the skills of members of this team.
Pls dont get hurt by my message.
Yesterday one guy has put around 22 questions covering entire SAP - SD and he wanted the forum to help him.
1. Route determination is automatically proposed for each sales document item in the sales order. It is a process whereby one can assign a specific route with transportation legs using different shipment types and carriers.
2. Menu path is IMG sales and distribution basic functions routes.
Define modes of transport - mode of transports used in the business such as road, train; plane, ship etc are defined here by assigning a two character alphanumeric key with a meaningful description attached to it.
Define shipping types in this activity you define the shipping type in combination with the mode of transport. The shipping types are the actual vehicles used to transport the materials can be defined as a train or mail and so on. In this assignment, you assign the shipping types along with previously defined modes of transport. The shipment type procedure group (STPG) found here is used for determining the pricing procedure for the shipment cost calculation (IMG logistics execution transportation shipment costs pricing pricing control define and assign pricing procedures).
Define transportation connection points Here we define points where transportation types connect or where transportation type crosses a border. Here we specify one/several locations as per the business specifications/requirements and the Transportation connection points such as airports, railway stations and border crossings for each specific location in detail. Relevant customs office details can also be recorded in this section if required.
Defining routes and stages in this activity, we can define route with its associated route stages and transportation connection points. Each function has Details (F8) need to be filled in.
Route can be defined as a six character alphanumeric key with description. For any particular defined route you can set a forwarding agent or carrier as well as define the transit times and the transit lead time, which is the number of days required for organising a shipment for an item that is to be delivered via a certain route. It is also possible to include the distance to be travelled and the total transit duration. The system uses the transit duration in calendar days and the transit planning time in hours and minutes are used by the system to define delivery dates and timings.
Route stages now that the route has been defined, stages have to be defined for each particular route clearly specifying the departure stage and the destination stage by going into detail (F8). The process is as follows after defining the route highlight the relevant route you want to create the stages for and click on route stages folder in the left you will come up with a blank tabular form where you have to click on the new entry button on the tool bar pressing the new entry button will take you to the route stage in detail where departure and destination points have to be recorded for this particular stage. We can select a departure or a destination point from the transportation connection points previously defined. We can proceed with a new entry and continue with the assignments.
Maintain stages for all routes this can be carried out to define some global changes in maintaining the route stages.
1. Route determination occurs in the SAP system during the sales order processing based on the following items
 Country and departure zone (taken from shipping point) i.e. departure point.
 Country and receiving zone of the ship-to-party i.e. destination point.
 transportation group of the material master record
 shipping conditions in the sales order
 weight group (optional)
2. The system then copies the route as proposed in the sales order into the delivery document header. The route already determined in the sales order and copied into the delivery can be predetermined in the delivery document using the weight of the materials, which occurs when indicated during customizing the relevant delivery document type.
3. Define and assign transport zones in this activity, you divide a country into transport zones. A customer exists in a transport zone and so does shipping point.
4. SAP determines the route for moving from a shipping point in one zone (departure point) to a customer in another zone (destination point) taking into account shipping conditions of the customer, weight and loading group of the material.
5. Here you assign all the zones that you require in route determination. Each zone has a description and an assignment to a country key. This country key is later used to determine what zones are relevant for what shipping points.
6. Maintain country and transportation zone for shipping point in this assignment, you assign the departure zone to the shipping points you use. Note that the shipping point is maintained for a plant (configured in organisational structure) and the plant resides in a country; you must also enter the country key of the shipping point here. This country key determines what departure zones you are allowed to select from based on the previous settings.
7. Define transportation group after defining transportation departure zones. The transportation groups are assigned to the material master record sales: general/plant view shipping data. This transportation group is then copied into the delivery item.
8. it is advisable to make the transportation group field as mandatory while configuring the material master record, as this is the pre-requisite for the determination of the route during sales order processing.
9. The next step is to make sure that if the shipping conditions have been defined correctly in IMG, as they are used in the determination of both Route determination as well as the Shipping point. The shipping condition is assigned to a customer master record.
10. The next step is to maintain route determination where departure zones are assigned to destination zones with the relevant country keys.
11. Highlight the relevant country information and you can enter the relevant route information with the proposed route and shipping conditions. (Proposed route is determined from routes and stages defined earlier). Here you can find route determination based on either transportation group or weight group
12. Define weight groups - Route determination is carried out in the sales order. When creating the delivery, you can have the system carry out route determination again. In addition to the criteria for route determination contained in the order item (destination country, departure country, transportation zone, shipping conditions and transportation group) the system also takes the weight of the delivery into account.
13. for example lets say the customers shipping condition is as soon as possible it makes sense to send the stock by air, but this might be too expensive if the weight of the material is more than 50 kilos. So you can say, for this customer, if the material is less than 50 kilos use the route that has the transportation type by air, and if more than 50 kilos, use a road or a sea route. The weight group can therefore be used to determine the route, taking into consideration the weight of the delivery. This is very important when sending stock by rail or truck.
14. It is suggested to use truck for smaller quantities and rail for transporting larger quantities. Therefore for smaller quantities determine a route that is defined for road shipments and for larger quantities determine a route that is defined for rail shipments.
15. This is where you define the weight groups. 1. In the "weight group" column, enter an alphanumeric key. 2. Enter a description, (e.g. up to what weight this weight group should apply). 3. In the detail data, assign the exact weights up to which the weight groups are valid using the corresponding weight units. This involves a to-scale.
16. define new route determination by delivery type - should you wish the route to be re-determined during the delivery process, you can assign one of the following indicators in the relevant delivery document -
blank which indicates no new check
A indicates new route determination without a check
B indicates new route determination with a check
17. The check performed is the comparison of the proposed route with the actual routes allowed. Proceed to define allowed actual route to proposed route in this assignment, you merely assign additional routes to the proposed routes that the system determines automatically.
18. These additional routes can be entered manually or they can be used to determine if they are valid in the re-determination of the route in the delivery.
Do let me know in case of any queries.
Hope this helps you.
Do award points if you found them useful.
pavan kumar wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
> I wan to know the settings of Route Determination. How can i configure shipping point determination and shipping conditons.
Logistics Execution->Transportation->Basic Transportation Functions->Routes
There you will need to configure the required settings.
This is where you define the basic settings for Routes the Modes of Transport, Shipping Types, Routes & Stages
Then you have to go to Route Determination
There you need to define Transportation Zones.
Then maintain Country and TZones for shipping Point.
And Finally Maintain Route Determination.
For Shipping Points the Path is
Logistics Execution->Shipping->Basic Shipping Functions->Shipping Points and Goods receiving Point determination.
Inside that you Define Shipping Conditions
and Use Assign shipping points for shipping point determination
Post for any further queries.
Reward if helpful
Shippint pt. determination:
Shipping Point + shipping conditions loading grp delivering plant
Go to OVL2, Maintain the req. settings and assign the value
Then system takes automatically in the sales order.
It can be maintained at customer master, sales area data, sales tab (or) sales document type.
Customer master value has precedance over sales document value.
Route is determined automatically in the sales order and delivery by the system.
The SAP System determines routes automatically for each sales document item. It determines the itinerary and mode of transport in shipping.
Routes are determined depending on the following criteria:
Country and departure zone (departure zone of the shipping point)
Shipping conditions agreed in the sales order
The shipping condition is defined in shipping point determination.
Transportation group of the material
Country and transportation zone (receiving zone) of the ship-to party
The SAP System copies the route from the sales document item into the delivery at header level.
To define route determination, you must edit the following points:
Define transportation zones for each country. These transportation zones can be either departure zones for the shipping point or receiving zones for the ship-to party.
Assign the departure zones to the shipping points.
Define transportation groups for the materials.
Specify the routes to be selected according to the given criteria in sales processing.
Define the delivery types for which route determination should be repeated and set the necessary indicator in the appropriate delivery types.
Define the weight groups.
IMG, SD, Basic functions, Routes
Maintain all the configurations,
It will work automatically.
Reward points if it is useful.