cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help On Offcycle Payroll Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I am completely new to offcycle payroll run. I know the basic theoratical functionality of offcycle. Here my client wants me to run offcyle payroll to make bonus payments. The backgroup set up is done. Now i require only foreground help.

That is,

how should i run offcycle? tcode for the same?

can i make payments for future dates?

where should i give the bonus amount?

how can i see the results? how will it effect the clusters like RT?

how will it effect regular payroll?

how the results will be posted? what is the procedure to post?

Waiting for valuable inputs

- Siddardh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's

Waiting for your inputs

Any body there to help

- Siddardh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Off-Cycle Payroll covers the various payroll functions that are not covered by the regular Payroll Process. Off-Cycle Payroll includes the processing of special payments, entering information for manually created checks, reversing payroll results and reprinting checks, all of which may take place outside the regular payroll cycle.

1. You can run offcycle by using tcode ---> PUOC_10 (Offcycle workbench)

2. can i make payments for future dates? ---> YES you can make future payments

3.where should i give the bonus amount?

---> Offcycle derives the amount from offcycle workbench if you manually enter the wage type or can be derived from infotype 0267 (Additional offcycle payment)

If you are running for a single pernr then u can use offcycle workbench. But if you are intending for multiple Pernr's use payroll driver.

Note: the default payment method thru offcycle is check and thru payroll driver is bank transfer.

You can directly run a offcycle thru t-code PUOC_10. mention the payment date and the particular wage type for which you are intending to pay the EE.

4. how can i see the results?

--->Go to t-code PC_PAYRESULT and you can see results generated for offcycle payroll run. You can easily identify offcycle result as it is different from regular payroll.

5. how will it effect the clusters like RT?

--->In RT you will find payments only for offcycle. In clusters you will see BT table which holds info about the payment

in there you will see that Payroll type and Payment date for which you have done the off cycle run.

6. how will it effect regular payroll?

--> Itz a different component that regular payroll so it doesnt effect regular payroll atall. But you need to do offcycle postings seperately.

7. how the results will be posted? what is the procedure to post?

---> We do the postings same as in regular payroll,but in off cycle posting we have to use correct payroll type and payment date in postings and identifier ( to differentiate the offcycle run done on the same day with same date ) if we use any.

Hope this is useful

Thank you

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a ton for your detailed help.

I have tried running payroll thru PUOC_40 (ours is indian payroll). I have selected the reason as Bonus. I have given the wage types with amounts. I didnt give the wage types in infotype 267.

When i clicked on start payroll it has shown the process as running but found to be unsuccessful.

The error message is -

Payroll run released or correction phase active

This means a special payroll run is not possible

Error during initialization of payroll

Waiting for your inputs

Also need clarification on - Will it update the infotype 267 after successful run?

Thanks

- Siddardh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddardh,

Off cycle payroll run is unsuccessful because you have not exited from the current payroll. Please make sure that your control record is set on Exit payroll status.

Regarding updatation of IT 0267, system will not update after sucessful offcycle payrol run. We can use IT 0267 in scenario where you want to make off cycle payment to more than one EE.

For e.g. diwali bonus to all EE's thru off cycle check, but if you are making payment to only one person you can directly enter wage type and amount in offcycle workbench.

Thank you

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

I have exited the payroll. And run the offcylce. But this time i got different error. I found that there is no wage type or amount displaying in P0267.

Here is the copy of the error:

P0267 X011 GEN NOAB Import additional off-cycle payments

Input

P0267

WPBP

Processing

Determine recurring payments/deductions for period from 31.12.2007 to 31.1

Recurring payments/deductions and supplementary payments

No entry in table T512W for key 40

for time 31.12.2007

Waiting for inputs

- Siddardh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why do you want to use IT 0267 when you can directly enter wage types on the OC Workbench. Please make sure that wage type is assigned to Wage type group of Off cycle. Also before running Off cycle payroll maintain IT0267 with the same Off cycle wage type.

System will not generate any wage type which is not permitted for Off cycle. So try using another wage type.

Let me know.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

Thanks a TON

My problem is solved. Infact it is must to enter the wage type in offcylce workbench though it is derived from infotype 267.

Anyways thanks a lot. Last clarification required is - for making payments to multiple (many) employees, what should i use (workbench or regular payroll driver)

Waiting for ur inputs

thanks

- Siddardh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddardh,

To process more than one EE you should use Regular Payroll driver. But make sure that you will maintain IT0267 in this case and relevant details of Off cycle in regular payroll driver.

Also one very important thing is Off cycle workbench uses Check as the Default payment method but if you process Off cycle using regular payroll driver system will read IT0009 for those EE's.

Hope this helps.

Arti