cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired useful life calculated by system - I want SAP to change it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a problem with assets, I will try to explain it and I will appreciate any help in advance;

Capitalization date 01.02.2007

Depreciation calculation start date 01.05.2007

Expired useful life in periods at start of fiscal year 334 days

those data have been loaded into SAP in the initial upload.

the problem was:

step 1 - when uploading the asset master data using AS91 CAP date was informed with 01.02.2007; automatically SAP informed Dep. Cal. Start date with 01.02.2007 and calculated Exp. useful live based in that date as 334.

step 2- our load program informed Dep. Cal start date with 01.05.2007 but Expired Useful life was not recalculated. the system showed a warning message:

Expired useful life 000 244 calculated by system (Check)

Message no. AA910

Diagnosis

The System has calculated the expired useful life from the depreciation start date as having 000 years and 244 periods. This differs from the expired useful life entered with 000 years and 334 periods.

but did not update the Expired useful life automatically with the calculated one.

If we manually change the Dep. Cal. Start date SAP shows the same warning, but does not change automatically the Expired useful life as we expected.

We believe that in our experience SAP did it automatically. Does anybody knows if it is possible or not that SAP change the Expired useful life with the calculated one.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the expired useful life should be changed automatically.

When the warning message appear, have you tried to press "ENTER"?

Sometime we need to press "ENTER" when the warning message appear in order to go to the next step (in your case => in order to recalculate the exp useful life)

Hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I pressed "enter" )

must be other thing

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

I am facing the similar problem... were you able to find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i did not...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define useful life in the asset class in t.code OAYZ, the system will take the actual life of the asset entered there in the asset master.

The asset class usually provides a default useful life when you create the asset master record. When the asset class does not provide a useful life, the useful life field is always a required entry field (regardless of the screen layout). The only exception is when the depreciation key is 0000. The useful life field is a required field since it is one of the most important entries needed for calculating depreciation.

If the system cannot determine a usual useful life for the asset, and if you are using a depreciation method that always operates independently of the useful life, you can enter a very long useful life (for example, 100 years).

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards

*assaign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Raghonadh but i was talking about Expired useful life

cheers