Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a Badi Implementation even though Activated but not called

Sonal_J
Participant
0 Kudos

hello all,

We are ugrading from 4.6 to ECC.

In 4.6 a PP BADI(WORKORDER_UPDATE) is implmented, the same BADI is also Implemented in ECC system but in New system it is not triggered(It is Active in ECC).

I am setting breakpoint in Method of the Implementation but it is not stopping over where.

Can anybody suggest me something abut this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sonal_J
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I have debugged the Code in ECC but that BADI is not called at all.

What can i do to Trigger that BADI?

Thanks for replying

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also do like:

Put /h before running executing transaction to enter the transaction in debugging mode. The set a break point at the method:

class : CL_EXITHANDLER

Method: Get_instance

Then see if the program breaks at WORKORDER_UPDATE (it will be the exit_name parameter)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

Sonal_J
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I have debugged the Code in ECC but that BADI is not called at all.

What can i do to Trigger that BADI?

Thanks for replying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the SAP Release Note:

Note 556347 - BAdI WORKORDER_UPDATE is not called on saving

You can download the note from service.sap.com

Use transaction SNOTE to upload it.

Also, SAP has introduced lot of new BADIs and Function Modules in the ECC 6.0 Version. So there can be a BADI with better options available. In debuggging mode didi you see other BADis called? If your problem is not solved by using the SAP Note, You can then try for implementing a new badi.

Hope this helps. Pls reward points if useful

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

Edited by: Renjith Michael on Feb 1, 2008 11:19 AM

0 Kudos

This note is already applied to the system bur even though its not called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then either you have to do another implementation.

Or try activating the BADI again in SE19. Is it asking you for a workbench request there/

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

0 Kudos

Hello Mr Micheal,

Thanks a lot for response.

I have done implementation once again and it asked for a W.B TR to me. I gave the same and then activated the implementation.

But it did not work. One strange thing I noticed that I put a break-point statement in my code but program did not stop there, Then when I comment the code then other values which are coming in my Batch ( Transaction COR2> Goods Receipt>Batch) also stops coming indiacating that my program control goes to the code.

But I am observing first time that program control does not stop on a hard coded break-point.

Either I am missing some thing very basic or my system is playing with me. Any inputs to this problem are highly appreciated.

Thanks a Lot for your help in Advance!!!

Regards,

Sonal Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the BADI Method an UPDATE one. Which is the BADI method you are calling?

If you are using any method like IN_UPDATE you have to put on Update Debugging to break at the implementation.

For that try runing the transaction in debugging mode. Then from settings put on Update Debugging and System Debugging.

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

0 Kudos

hi

Thanks for replying.

Is it something like we cant debug the code which is for Update.

The method which i am using in BADI is an update method "IN_UPDATE". This is to update database tables.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can debug the code for sure. But with update debugging functionality.

For that give /h before saving the transaction. Then save. It will enter the debugging mode. There go to the settings tab and check the update debugging option. It will first go the the system commands and then only enter the BADI. It is a little time consuming process.

Update process do not run in the same user session as the program that is currently running in the ABAP Debugger. These function modules are therefore not included in debugging. Only if you select the Update Debugging option can you display and debug them after the COMMIT WORK.

Pls refer the link also:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c6/617d0ce68c11d2b2ab080009b43351/frameset.htm

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

Edited by: Renjith Michael on Feb 6, 2008 11:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BADIs,

Can you please let me know how you could solve this problem?

Me too facing the same problem, I kept a break point in the method but its not stoping while execution. I have doubt that the badi is triggering or not.

Please let me know soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sonal,

Try use user specific break point (break useraname ) it will defenitely hep you, and about the badi implementation please check whether your implemrntation is present in the table 'SXC_ATTR'. If entry is there in the above table implementation will definetely be called. If its there and still you are having problem you check other implementations in the table SXC_ATTR. If these implementations are not called it will be the problem with your system...

One more thing is there .. you are working in ECC 6.0, right ? Check whether any enhancement-spot is there with the same name in your system, if its there you have to upload some patches.. for 'GET BADI' and all...

Hope the answer is helpful....

still have some problem feel free to ask...

Reward points if helpful

Sanoj

0 Kudos

hi sanoj,

BADI is there in the table and it is active as well

bADI is called up but its method where i had my code the break point is not stopping over there ya but code is executed because the work for which the BADI is Implemented is done by BADI itself. but if i am settng the breapoint by USer as wel it is not stooping over there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal Jain ,

In SE19 T.CODE(Business Add ins : Initial implementation screen) there r 2 buttons i.e ACTIVATE & DEACTIVATE.

Give the implementation name & activate it.

try this method.

cheers!

****Pls reward points if u find this helpful

0 Kudos

hello

done it two three times

deactivate and activating