cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Retrieve Data from cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to use the data from the cube and perform certain calculations on it ,this calculation would be stored in buffer. Again if i'll perform certain calculations ,it would done on the buffered data not the actual data of the cube.

For example if I retrieve 100Rs from the keyfigure amount in the cube and I want to increase this by 50% .So as a result it would be now 150. But further if I'll change the percentage to 20% then I want it to be 120.But instead of this it would calculate on the last calculated amount.So it would Result into 130,as it is reading from Buffer.

Is there any way to read data from cube means in example I want to read 100 not from buffer.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanx&Rgds,

Indu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ , in which you can read data from the cube.

Also check the below weblog.

/people/dinesh.lalchand/blog/2006/06/07/reading-infocube-data-in-updatetransfer-rules

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva Chidambaram on Jan 31, 2008 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create another cube same as your cube and create export datasource to that cube.Then dont change your old cube.whatever you want to calculate do it on the new cube.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the response.

Im elaborating the problem Im facing as under:

In the BeX Analyzer, I have created 2 analysis grids(DP1 and DP2) in a single sheet.

DP1 is built on query - Q001 and DP2 is on query Q002(which is an exact COPY of Q001).

Now the requirment is, the Planning Function that I execute needs to be executed on DP2 ( Old data ) each time I execute the Planning Function and the result of this "Simulation" has to be displayed in DP1.

Once the user is happy with the simulation, and once he clicks SAVE, the data needs to be updated in both DP1 and DP2.

The problem is that the Planning function that Im executing is Updating the Data in both the Data Providers.

Thanks

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a command RESET_DATA which clears the buffer of unsaved data; you can expcute this before running the function. Does that help you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1) I also don't think RESET_DATA works for my scenario because :

First, The use enteres different %s for january - December.

The Amount gets changed based on these %s.

Later, User wants to change the %s for only march & April.

The system calculates the values as per the already changed Amount.

If I use RESET_DATA, the system resets the data for ALL the periods which I do not want.

Note: RESET_DATA is a command in WAD and not in Analyzer, I suppose. Im creating my layouts in Bex Analyzer. Any such option in Analyzer as such?

Indu

Edited by: Indu Sharma on Feb 1, 2008 12:29 PM