Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc error 56 in inbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did one idoc transfer from Server A (ecc 5)to server B(ecc 6) .when i took the transaction we02 in server A its showing green light and outbound idoc was gone to server B .when i took we02 transaction in server B its showing error 56 with red light ,but idoc that i send from server A reached here with diff idoc number in the inbound side ,I had taken this idoc and put it in we19 transaction and i found that in the inboud side recever port in not populating .i tried to put port name manually by using the inbound function module at that time it works correctly ending with green light and same material is created in server B.

what should i do to make the inboud port to populate automatically .In partner profile of server B ,ports and maintained correctly . Is it because of any server difference?(ECC 5 --> ECC6) .Please help .

Regards

Sarath

Edited by: Sarath Madhusoodhanan on Feb 6, 2008 7:24 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath Madhusoodhanan

please check you have define server A port in server B

Tcode we21 give port name and give RFC destination(i.e connect your server A)

then send IDOC

Thanks

Amit Shivhare

PS: Reward point

5 REPLIES 5

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath Madhusoodhanan

please check you have define server A port in server B

Tcode we21 give port name and give RFC destination(i.e connect your server A)

then send IDOC

Thanks

Amit Shivhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Shivhare,

Thanks for the answer I solved ,your answer helps me partially any way thanks .I have raised one more can u help me out regarding purchase order idoc creation.

Thanks

Sarath

0 Kudos

Best Practices for mySAP Retail

Version 1.47

based on

SAP R/3 Enterprise with Retail Extension 1.10

and SAP BW 3.0b

Process Documentation Scenario

EDI in Purchasing

Copyright

© Copyright 2003 SAP AG. All rights reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP AG. The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice.

Some software products marketed by SAP AG and its distributors contain proprietary software components of other software vendors.

Microsoft®, WINDOWS®, NT®, EXCEL®, Word®, PowerPoint® and SQL Server® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.

IBM®, DB2®, DB2 Universal Database, OS/2®, Parallel Sysplex®, MVS/ESA, AIX®, S/390®, AS/400®, OS/390®, OS/400®, iSeries, pSeries, xSeries, zSeries, z/OS, AFP, Intelligent Miner, WebSphere®, Netfinity®, Tivoli®, Informix and Informix® Dynamic ServerTM are trademarks of IBM Corporation in USA and/or other countries.

ORACLE® is a registered trademark of ORACLE Corporation.

UNIX®, X/Open®, OSF/1®, and Motif® are registered trademarks of the Open Group.

Citrix®, the Citrix logo, ICA®, Program Neighborhood®, MetaFrame®, WinFrame®, VideoFrame®, MultiWin® and other Citrix product names referenced herein are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.

HTML, DHTML, XML, XHTML are trademarks or registered trademarks of W3C®, World Wide Web Consortium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

JAVA® is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

JAVASCRIPT® is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc., used under license for technology invented and implemented by Netscape.MarketSet and Enterprise Buyer are jointly owned trademarks of SAP Markets and Commerce One.

MarketSet and Enterprise Buyer are jointly owned trademarks of SAP AG and Commerce One.

SAP, SAP Logo, R/2, R/3, mySAP, mySAP.com, and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.

Table of Contents

1 SCENARIO EDI IN PURCHASING 4

1.1 Introduction 4

1.2 Procedure 4

1.3 Preconditions 7

1.4 Scenario Menu and Basic Path 7

1.5 Overview of Required Master Data 8

2 EXECUTION 9

2.1 Purchase Order Processing in the Retail System 9

2.1.1 Create Purchase Order 9

2.2 Sales Order Processing in the Vendor System 10

2.2.1 Looking at IDoc ORDERS and ORDRSP 10

2.2.2 Display Sales Order 10

2.3 Control Order Confirmation in the Retail System 10

2.4 Process Delivery in the Vendor System 11

2.4.1 Posting Stock 11

2.4.2 Create Delivery 11

2.4.3 Picking and Goods Issue 12

2.4.4 Looking at IDoc DESADV 12

2.5 Post Goods Receipt with Reference to Shipping Notification in the Retail System 12

2.6 Create Billing Documents in the Vendor System 13

2.6.1 Creating Billing Documents 13

2.6.2 Looking at IDoc INVOIC 13

2.7 Display Incoming Invoice in the Retail System 13

1 Scenario EDI in Purchasing

1.1 Introduction

To increase the efficiency of communication between retailers and vendors, documents such as purchase orders, order confirmations, shipping notification documents and invoices are transferred electronically. In the SAP R/3 System, this communication is supported by the creation of IDocs. An IDoc is an electronic document with the standard SAP format. Communication between two SAP R/3 Systems takes place using a converter and standardized national (SEDAS) or international (UN/EDIFACT) standards to transfer messages across a network (Wide Area Network, Local Area Network).

In the following scenario, we at retail headquarters (Retail system) will be communicating with our vendor (Vendor system). As only one SAP R/3 System is available, while we are going through the handbook the two systems will be simulated using two company codes.

As the retailer, in purchasing organization E001 we place orders for our distribution center VZ01 in purchasing organization V001, distribution chain V2 for >Article 1 with our vendor >vendor. Company code PS01 will be used to designate our organization. The vendor’s organization will be represented by purchasing organization V00L, distribution chain V3, supplying site LZ01 and company code PS0L. At retail headquarters, processing on the purchasing side will involve purchase orders, order confirmations, goods receipts and invoice verification. On the vendor side, sales-side processing will be shown using sales orders, delivery documents and billing documents. To ensure adherence to the chronological procedure of the business process, we will continually be jumping between the retailer and the vendor. So that both sides are able to communicate with one another and so that subsequent functions in the business applications can be triggered, the vendor >vendor on the side of the retailer must be connected with the customer >customer on the side of the vendor. For more detailed information see the Customizing Guide for this process.

1.2 Procedure

The process flow is as follows:

1. Process purchase order in the Retail system

2. Process sales order in the Vendor system

3. Control order confirmation in the Retail system

4. Process delivery in the Vendor system

5. Carry out goods receipt with reference to shipping notification in the Retail system

6. Create billing documents in the Vendor system

7. Carry out invoice verification in the Retail system

The following overview shows the individual steps again and the IDocs to be sent:

Retail system IDoc  IDoc  Vendor system

Create purchase order ORDERS

Sales order is created, order confirmation is created

ORDRSP Process sales order

Order is entered into the purchase order

DESADV Create delivery

Shipping notification is created

Carry out goods receipt for the shipping notification

INVOIC Create billing document

Incoming invoice is created, invoice verification is carried out

1.3 Preconditions

1.4 Scenario Menu and Basic Path

The following path is the basis for all other paths in this process documentation. As an alternative to the SAP menu, you can use the process menu for navigational purposes. You can access this using the button in the SAP Easy Access menu.

BASIC PATH SAP menu  Logistics  Retailing

PROCESS MENU PCS_RT_LOC4_040

1.5 Overview of Required Master Data

To carry out the scenario, use the master data listed for your installation of the preconfigured system. You can find corresponding identifiers in the following table:

FASHION HARD GOODS FOOD

MASTER DATA IN THE RETAIL SYSTEM

RETAIL ARTICLE PCS-02-ART111 PCS-02-ART431 PCS-02-ART333

VENDOR PCS-V112 PCS-V432 PCS-V332

DISTRIBUTION CENTER VZ01 VZ01 VZ01

MASTER DATA IN THE VENDOR SYSTEM

VENDOR ARTICLE EDI-02-ART111 EDI-02-ART431 EDI-02-ART333

CUSTOMER PCS-C300 PCS-C320 PCS-C310

SUPPLYING SITE LZ01 LZ01 LZ01

PURCHASE ORDER QUANTITY 500 500 500

BASE UNIT OF MEASURE PC PC PC

2 Execution

2.1 Purchase Order Processing in the Retail System

2.1.1 Create Purchase Order

The retailer creates a purchase order for the vendor >vendor in their SAP R/3 System (the purchase order could also be the result of a complex procurement scenario). Following this, the SAP R/3 System automatically sends an IDoc in ORDERS format using the standard EDI outbound.

PATH Purchasing  Purchase order  Purchase Order  Create  Vendor Known ME21N

ENTER Vendor

Order type

Document date >VENDOR

'Standard purchase order'

TABSTRIP Organizational data In “Header area” (expand if necessary)

ENTER Purchasing Org.

Purch. Group

Company Code 'E001'

'E01'

'PS01’

BUTTON In “Item Overview” area (expand if necessary)

ENTER Site ‘VZ01’

BUTTON

ENTER Article

PO quantity

OUn >Retail ARTICLE

>PURCHASE ORDER QUANTITY

>BASE UNIT OF MEASURE

BUTTON

Only when using a generic article:

MESSAGE Enter variant quantities

ENTER Distribute the total quantity among the variants

BUTTON

MESSAGE Can delivery date be met? Possible

BUTTON Only with message

MESSAGE The effective price is..., the article price is... Possible

BUTTON Only with message

BUTTON

MESSAGE Standard PO created with number ... . Note purchase order no.

BUTTON

When the purchase order is created, an IDoc ORDERS is created, using message control, which is sent to the vendor..

2.2 Sales Order Processing in the Vendor System

The IDocs sent in this process are always available twice, once in the sender’s EDI outbound and once in the recipient’s EDI inbound. The IDoc ORDERS that is sent by the Retail system enters the vendor’s system, ensuring that a sales order (standard order) is automatically created. At the same time an order confirmation ORDRSP is created and sent back to the retailer. When the order confirmation arrives in the Retail system, the sales order number is entered into the purchase order.

2.2.1 Looking at IDoc ORDERS and ORDRSP

PATH SAP menu  Tools  Business Communication  IDoc Basis  WE02 - Display IDoc WE02

ENTER Date of creation

BUTTON

SELECTION Outbound IDocs and inbound IDocs ORDERS AND ORDRSP are displayed.

Double click on IDoc ORDERS in inbound

Double click on IDoc number

Expand the controlling tree “status records”

Expand the controlling tree “application document posted”

Note down the number of the message “standard order number... saved.”

BUTTON 2 x

2.2.2 Display Sales Order

PATH  Sales  Sales order  Order  VA03 - Display VA03

ENTER Order Order number from 2.2.1

BUTTON

TABSTRIP

Site

Confirmed quantity ‘LZ01’

>Purchase order quantity

BUTTON 2 x

2.3 Control Order Confirmation in the Retail System

PATH  Purchasing  Purchase order  Purchase Order  ME23N - Display ME23N

PATH Purchase order  Other purch. order

ENTER Purchase order

Purchase order (radio button) from 2.1.1

‘x’

BUTTON

PATH In “Item Overview” area (expand if necessary)

TABSTRIP Confirmations

The number of the sales order is entered in the field, External document

BUTTON

2.4 Process Delivery in the Vendor System

The vendor creates a delivery with reference to the sales order, picks and posts the goods issue. When the goods issue is posted, a shipping notification (IDoc in DESADV format) is automatically sent.

2.4.1 Posting Stock

So that the delivery can take place, there has to sufficient stock available in the vendor’s distribution center (LZ01). To ensure this is the case, CATT ZRT_3_1_MB1C can be started:

PATH SAP menu  Tools  ABAP Workbench  Test  Test Workbench  Test Tools  SECATT - Extended CATT SECATT

ENTER Test Configuration /BPR3R/EDI_BESTAND

BUTTON

ENTER Error behavior

Variant

(otherwise leave the default values) S No termination, Continue with Next Script Command

According to the selected master data:

1 (Fashion),

2 (Food) or

3 (Hard goods)

BUTTON

BUTTON 2 x

2.4.2 Create Delivery

There is sufficient stock available for the delivery to be created.

PATH  Sales  Sales order  Order  Subsequent Functions  VL01N - Outbound Delivery VL01N

ENTER Shipping point

Selection date

Order ‘LS01’

See

See 2.2.1

BUTTON

MESSAGE Delivery ... saved

Note down the number of the delivery

BUTTON

2.4.3 Picking and Goods Issue

The pick quantity is entered and the goods issue posted. Only after this has been done, is the IDoc created.

PATH  Sales  Store order  Delivery  VL02N - Change VL02N

ENTER Outbound Delivery from 2.4.2

BUTTON

TABSTRIP

ENTER Pick quantity >Purchase order quantity

BUTTON

MESSAGE Outbound delivery ... saved

BUTTON

MESSAGE Outbound delivery ... saved

BUTTON

2.4.4 Looking at IDoc DESADV

PATH SAP menu  Tools  Business Communication  IDoc Basis  WE05

ENTER Creation Date

Logical message

BUTTON

Outbound IDoc and inbound IDoc DESADV is displayed

Double click on IDoc DESADV in inbound

Expand the controlling tree “Status records”

Expand the controlling tree “Application document posted”

Note down the number of the message “ 0001 delivery (ies) of number ... to number ... created”.

2 x

2.5 Post Goods Receipt with Reference to Shipping Notification in the Retail System

The retailer posts the goods receipt with reference to the shipping notification.

PATH  Merchandise logistics  Goods receipt  MB0A – Goods Receipt for Other Reference MB0A

ENTER Movement Type

Site

Storage Location

Shipping Notif. '101’

’VZ01’

’0001’

See 2.4.4

BUTTON

BUTTON

MESSAGE Document ... posted

BUTTON

2.6 Create Billing Documents in the Vendor System

2.6.1 Creating Billing Documents

The vendor creates a billing document that the retailer receives using EDI (IDoc in INVOIC format).

PATH  Sales  Billing  Billing Document  VF01 - Create VF01

ENTER Document from 2.4.2

BUTTON

MESSAGE Processing document ... .

Document ... saved

BUTTON

2.6.2 Looking at IDoc INVOIC

PATH SAP menu  Tools  Business Communication  IDoc Basis  WE05

ENTER Creation Date

Logical message

BUTTON

Outbound IDoc and inbound IDoc INVOIC is displayed

Double click on IDoc INVOIC in inbound

Expand the controlling tree “Status records”. Expand the controlling tree “Application document posted”

Note down the number of the message “order number... saved.”

2 x

2.7 Display Incoming Invoice in the Retail System

PATH Retailing  Purchasing  Logistics invoice verification  Further processing  MIR4 - Display MIR4

ENTER Invoice doc. number See 2.6.2

BUTTON

Thanks

Amit Shivhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

I am also facing the same problem (idoc error 56 in inbound) .Can u please guide me how did u solve ur problem

Regards

Mohnish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sarath,

I am facing the exact problem.
can you guide me how to correct that error.

Please help its urgent.

Thanks,

Vibhor