cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virsa CC 5.2 Backend sync - No destination system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Virsa CC 5.2, I am trying to complete the post installation steps as mentioned in the guide as:

Config tab -> Backend Sync -> Rule Sync

But no destination system exists in the drop down list.

There is only one system configured. Also, would like to know if any extra RFC/JCo is required apart from the ones mentioned in the guide to get this functionality working.

This is Urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have a look at the guidance provided in [SAP Best Practices for GRC Access Control 5.2|http://help.sap.com/bp_grcv152/GRC_US/HTML/index.htm]? Leveraging the key learnings and proven implementation know-how of SAP GRC customers and partners, the new SAP Best Practices provide SAP GRC Access Control customers with common out-of-the-box business processes and scenarios, pre-configuration settings and support, methodologies and documentation.

All capabilities of GRC Access Control are covered. That certainly includes compliant user provisioning aka AE.

SAP Best Practices for GRC Access Control provide a standardized approach to implement GRC Access Control. The result is a fully working Access Control implementation that ascertains early project success. The [Quick Guide|http://help.sap.com/bp_grcv152/BBLibrary/Documentation/GRC_Quick_Guide_EN_US.doc] provides introductory information for consultants.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

there's no need to do a backend sync, unless you also use SAP Management for Internal Controls (MIC).

You need to set up sync for users/roles/profiles (in "Schedule Analysis").

I would still recommend you get consulting assistance - it looks like you're going to set up quite a messy system there....

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks! Do I need to do a role sync? What is the need to do role sync or a backend sync? Whats the role of MIC?

Also, Now in the background job I can see the job status as ready but the job history says Successfully completed. Why? Can this be resolved.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Subodh,

again: this is not an easy system to set up. If you don't have a trained GRC consultant around, you won't succeed. Even worse, you'll mess up your system and generate even more work.

You can't set this up through a series of SDN posts, either.

Please do get help from a trained GRC consultant, or go visit the trainings yourself. You're not doing yourself a favour working like this, believe me.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing this on a test system for test purposes!!!!

Thanks!!!!