cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of Project type to PS Project-Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With cProjects 3.1, it was possible to map the 'Project Type' in cProjects to Project profile in PS using the 'Define Project Scenario' IMG activity on ERP side.

But I could not do this with cProjects 4.0 as it is taking the default profile CPR0001. I understand that I can change it in Tcode :iaom0. But since I am using multiple Project profiles (corresponding to each Project type), it doesnot help me.

Am I missing something?

What would be the best way to deal with this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Remya ,

I am trying to achieve the same, mapping project type in SAP PPM to PS project profile .

Did you get any solution for this . Would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Rini

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rini,

For mapping SAP PPM Project type to PS Project Profile, the following steps needs to be performed

In PPM system:

1. In SPRO --> SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Project Management --> Connection to External Systems --> Accounting Integration --> Replicate Accounting-Relevant Characteristics
  2. Enter the RFC of the ECC system and select 'Project Type' check box under Objects to be Replicated section
  3. Execute
  4. This will transfer the cProject types from PPM system to ECC system

In ECC system:

1. SPRO --> Integration with Other mySAP.com Components --> SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Project Management --> Collaboration Projects --> Controlling --> Create and Change Controlling Scenario
  2. In this step you can create your own Controlling scenario for each PPM/PS Projects
  3. Under 'Define Controlling Scenario' node --> Map the cProject type to the Controlling scenarios created in the above step
  4. Implement BADI 'IAOM_BUSINESS_SCENAR' for filter 'CPROJECTS'
  5. In the method 'CHANGE_PROJECT_PROFILE' of the above BADI, it is possible to map the PS Project profile depending on the controlling scenario mapped in Step 3.

Best Regards,

Priyatham

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Priyatham . Exactly what i was looking for .

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

What are the typical scenarios to have both cProjects and PS in the landscape. Atleast can you explain your requirement.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sorry for opening old question, but I think this would be a good place to ask.

In standard cProjects are linked with CO module using Account Assignment Manager - linking CO with external objects, like t-code IAOM0. I need to enhance this interface, so that it is possible to link cProjects elements with not only WBS elements, but also QS/PM Operations, QM Orders. Is that possible without doing everything from the start, can I use IOAM0 functionality and customizing? Is there any documentation available somewhere about IAOM0?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BADi: IAOM_BUSINESS_SCENAR (CHANGE_PROJECT_PROFILE) to change Project profile according to the Controlling scenarios you define for each Project type (in cProjects).

Regards,

Sujay Ghorpade.