cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including long text from Text Editor in BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to add/pass long text from Text Editor in form to BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE, but only the first line (132 characters) are in the notification that is created. The submit includes OBJTYPE = 'QMEL' and TEXTLINE @LongText (field name of Text Editor on form).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE is expecting a table of text line to manage long text.

If you link VC UI component long text to this table, only first first row of the table if filled.

To solve this I've created a Z fonction (copy of the bapi) but with a string parameter.

This string parameter is linked in VC to the long text UI component.

In the Z function I convert the long text to a table of lines respecting the 132 character limitation.

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I had same problem, But I used 'SAVE_TEXT' and 'COMMIT_TEXT' instead. Use text object as 'QMEL', name as Notif. no. , and ID as 'LTXT'.

Use This after you notification create BAPI and commit transaction.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

isn't it possible to filter the CR LF (Replace(@value, CHR(13), '') or something like that from the text editor value? - Then you need no workarounds.

I will check it this week maybe there is a solution for it.

Beste Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could u find any solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no solution yet & I am also stuck on how to add an attachment using (GOS or Services for Object)

to a Notification.

If I ever get an answer I will post it here.

Good Luck,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there any further progress on using the text editor or the attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I am sending a print screen of our applicatioon. As I said before we achived that via BPS.

[http://myvisualcomposer.blogspot.com/]

Regards,

Gilson

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to attach some document within a QM notification.

Set-up has been made within SAP ERP 6 : I can attach a document using GOS (Generic Object Service).

I need to achieve this using Visual Composer.

Any clue ?

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to bump and old thread but I have no idea how to privately message you Gilles...

I have the EXACT same requirement. Have you managed to get GOS objects working inside Visual composer?

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did combine Visual Composer with a SAP EP iView.

In this iView I used a Web Dynpro Abap /IXOS/DCVIEW.

This WDA, is a DocuLink (IXOS, Open Text tool) application that allows you to manage document.

It is not very 'user friendly' but it works.

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the reply!

Cheers

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you solve this problem. We have same problem. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We could not find a way working directly using a BAPI. Daniel Okada, consultant working in our project, by passed this problem by creating a BSP with text box, a text editor in Visual Composer and passing values in URL between them.

Kind Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I current have the same problem,

My current "work around" is instead of having one input field in the form as a text editor,

I use an input table (with multiple selection) for TDLINE & QMEL, format >X

So you can have multiple input rows for the user to enter data into.

But you do need to click each line separately to enter the text.

So you don't lose any text when you save but you cannot use copy & paste from an

email because it all goes into line line & gets chopped off.

The other area I have an issue with is attachments to a notification - have you tried to do this aswell.

Good Luck,

Robert