cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign valuation area - Material ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have three of questions. Can you explain them step by step?

1. From where can I assign the valuation area at the SPRO menu?

2. What should I do for the following system message?

Diagnosis

The material ledger has been activated for the valuation area but material data has not yet been converted in this valuation area.

Procedure for System Administration

If you want to work with the material ledger, choose Accounting -> Controlling -> Actual Costing/Material Ledger -> Utilities -> Production Startup.

There you can convert the data for the material ledger by following the instructions in the online documentation.

Note

Setting the material ledger to productive cannot be undone.

See also:

Actual Costing/Material Ledger in the SAP Library.

The implementation guide for Actual Costing/Material Ledger.

3. I looked for the system menu path for "Accounting -> Controlling -> Actual Costing/Material Ledger -> Utilities -> Production Startup." but I coluldn't find it. I will be happy if anybody can help me about this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Yasar Demircan on Feb 11, 2008 10:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yasar,

For the second got to the mention path and give the plant and currency rype and execute the transection.By this means after execution your plant is productive for tha materila ledger.

It will definatly help you.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You have given the solution earlier for the same problem.

Could you please drive me how to slove this problem once again with detailed instructions.

I would appreciate for your prompt response.

Error message: Valuation area 1000 not yet productive with material ledger.(when saving the PGI).

Valuation area 1200 not yet productive with material ledger.

The material ledger has been activated for the valuation area but

material data has not yet been converted in theis valuation area.

Accounting -> Controlling -> Actual Costing/Material Ledger -> Utilities -> Production Sartup.

Thanks

ANGKS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dineshkumar_rengarajan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Goto CKMSTART transaction code. Enter the Plant(s) and the Exchange Rate Type. (If Exc rate type field is left empty, all the exchange rate types will be selected for that plant).

Uncheck the Background Processing and do as Test Run. Later uncheck Test Run and execute again.

Now the Material Ledger will become Productive for the Plant(s) entered.

Note: Once CKMSTART is executed, you cannot revert back this action.

BR,

Dinesh Kumar Rengarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

I am facing the same problem as you faced earlier "Valuation area 1000 not yet productive with material ledger".

If You had any solution for this issue please let me know or you can pass on to my email id nandagopal_angks@yahoo.com.

I would appreciate if you could help me on this.

Thanks

ANGKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

ckmstart is your answer for production start.