cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in Transit Inventory Difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We have a scenario such that, "there is some quantity of stock has been showing in Stock in transit".

When we verify the documents(PO, Delivery) pertaining to that stock in transit, all are very old(2004) and have been archivied already.

Now, How to reconcile the difference...?

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Shravan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see OSS notes

389484 - Movement types 557/558 for the stock in transit correction

392205 - Analysis of stock in transit/correction for split valuation

Didn't you ask this already?:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we able to delete the "Quantity info of Stock in Transit field" in the table. I want to reset this qty in the field as zero.

Please suggest how to change.

Rgds,

Shravan.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This stock is valuated in your company, you have to create postings to clear the situation

Just deleting will result in inconsitencies and probably end in big trouble with tax authorities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is JUST for my understanding.

Could you please just let me know, how to delete the entry..?

Rgds,

Saravanan.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible for users.

A programmer has some options but I think it is not good practice to publish options that can screw up accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

557 mvmt type has been used to issue from Stock in transit stock. Subsequently, MMBE stock in transit stock has been reduced.

But, in MB5T, is is still showing as stock in transit.

Please suggest me the way to remove from MB5T.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MB5T list purchase orders that have a delivery with goods issue in the PO history, but not yet a goods receipt.

But you said initially "When we verify the documents(PO, Delivery) pertaining to that stock in transit, all are very old(2004) and have been archivied already"

How can you get something in MB5T if your PO was already archived.

One information must be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GI Document/Delivery have been archived.

But PO has not been archived since it is still open. We also tried to raise GR with respect to PO, but it was not possible, as it could not able to update the delivery.

Please suggest me how to remove from MB5T report.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set deletion indicator to your PO item.

If MB5T deleted POs can be excluded from selection.

Archive the PO.

Activate an userexit for Delivery archiving, that checks if the delivery got received, if not it shall not be archived then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to set deletion indicator, as error is showing that there is still stock in transit. ( in PO History)

Please note Delivery has been archived already very long time back.

Is there anyway to archive the PO still….?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this issue can only be solved with a modification as outlined in OSS note 167795 - Completion of stock transfers with GI qty > GR qty