Did you mean: 

V3 Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to run V3 jobs for purchasing?

Regards,

Madhu

Please search the forum or read documentation before posting a thread.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

I guess that you are talking about the jobs which transfer data from an application queue to the BW queue. These queues and the corresponding jobs are maintained in transaction LBWE.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto R/3 > LBWE > Logistics Application > 02: Purchasing > Job control > Here you can specify the parameters required to schedule the V3 job. Give a future time and schedule periodically (for eg every 30 mts or so depending on your data volume in R/3). Specfiy these parameters and then click "Schedule job" to trigger the job.

The job will be triggered under the name LIS-BW-VB_APPLICATION_02* and you can view that in SM37 under released status.

Also make sure that you have maintained/activated the required extract structures/ DS before doing this.

Also once its triggered make sure its getting executed periodically.

Check if the entries are increasing in Delta queue RSA7.

Some addtnl info.

When you schedule the V3, the data gets transferred from SMQ1 to RSA7.The update job extracts the data and puts them in the queues (LBWQ) and from there another job V3 runs and posts the data to the delta queues (RSA7).

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have several options. You can use tcode LBWE and click on Job Control on the 02: Purchasing line. This will bring up a window where you can put in your Start parameters (Start date...). Make sure you click on the Periodic Job flag at the bottom ot the Start Time window. Once you set this up, click on Schedule job... and a job will be scheduled. The job name will be LIS-BW-VB_APPLICATION_02_nnn (where nnn is the R/3 Client number)

An even easier approach would be to create your own job in SM36 and call the standard V3 collection program for Purchasing- RMBWV302. There are separate ABAP programs for each extractor (RMBWV3nn where nn is the Application number; 02 for Purchasing, 03 for Inventory, etc.). We find it easier to create one job with a step for each V3 update for each of our applications.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geo,

How to create job for each v3 update? in my project we r extracting the data from, puchasing,PP,SD. we have 6 v3 updates. why do we need 6 updates?

Could u plz explain me?

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tha depends on:

1. How many different LO Applications you have (Pur, PP, SD, etc.).

2. How often you need to update the delta queues. The V3 collection job updates the delta queues for extraction to BW. Sometimes you need to run the V3 collection job several times during the day for performance reasons (takes too long to run once at night), or because you extract delta data to BW multiple times during the day.

As far as the V3 jobs, I am a little confused by your message. How do you know that there are 6 V3 updates? There has to be a job associated with this.

Try this. In tcode SM37 on the R/3 system, search for jobs called LIS-BW-VB*. If there are not any, then chances are that the V3 jobs are executing in a user-defined job (see my prior message).

For example, just executing the ABAP program RMBWV302 will collect the V3 data for Purchasing from the extraction queues to the delta queues for all Purchasing transaction datasources (2LIS_02*).

Does this help?