Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation check: Data not in user buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just cretaed a new role in PFCG and generated it and assigned a user to it. This role only has 2 transactions assigned.

I have created it in development system and tested it in QA system. Everything was fine. I then transported it to production and assigned the user again.

I asked the user to log off and log back on and test the transactions for which i created the role for.

When the user tried, an error was returned with no authorisation to that transaction.

When i go to SU53 to display the authorisation data check for that user, it says beside the Autorisation profile under the Authorisation Data for that user:

"Exists in the master data, but not in the user buffer"

I have searched on this but to no avail. I would have tought that by login off and login back on the user buffer would have been regenerated/updtaed but the issue remains despite several attempts.

How come did it work in QA and not in Prod. (QA is a copy of Prod)

How do i get to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Thibault Frenay

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probelm solved by regenerating profile

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the solution. i too faced same issue and resolved with your solution.

Regards,

Sasi bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We also encountered the message "Exists in the master data, but not in the user buffer".

The issue was resolved by using transaction SU56, and changing to the user that was having the issue and from the menu Authorization Values >  "Reset User Buffer".

Hi Steven,

This is great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the solution.

Regards,

Luke

0 Kudos

Hi ,

What's the reason behind this message "Available in the master data, but not in the user buffer " and why does it happen suddenly ?

Thanks

Gaurav