cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any alternative for Visual Composer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The new version of Visual Composer are very attractive due to the use of Macromedia Flex technology. However, it seems still not avaliable now. So, I would like to ask if there is any alternative to Visual Composer that:

a) has an attractive user interface, and

b) able to get realtime data from, for example, BW by means of connector?

Please help me....THANKS A LOT!

Best regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus, have a look at xMII or Lighthammer (recently bought by SAP). It is a really sleek tool to integrate and design screens. We are using it and it is suprisingly interesting.

Let me what you think

Cheers

I035800
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I look xMII do you have any info (or documentation)about configuration?

Thanks a lot

best regards

marco roncoloni

mail marco.roncoloni@sap.com

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

You can use the BI JAVA Connector in order to obtain realtime data from BW, Relacional DB, etc.

You can found information about this on:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d7/521c29bea645b8ab299c1c4e9fc2be/content.htm

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for your reply!

BI Java Connector can only extract real time information from BW.

However, what I want is an applcation which I can extract real time information from BW and then can generate some financial reports (through some pre-configuration) using those extrected information.

Visual Composer (VC) can do so with very attractive output (i.e. the financial report). However, VC is not mature enough and that's why I would like to look for some other mature alternative.

Is there any application can achieve such purpose?

Thanks and best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

(Message repeated)

Message was edited by: Marcus S. W. Lo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what your exact scenario is. BI Java Connectors help you access data from multidimensional and relational systems. The data can

a) extracted into BW (UD Connect)

b) virtually extracted into BW (with remote scenarios) -> real time

c) used in VC (we are sitting there on the same connectors and RFCs/Web API for BW)

d) used in your own application (e.g. Java, WebDynpro,...). For this approach you have to program by using the BI Java SDK

A "simple" tool to use this is also the well-known BEx Web Application Designer (WAD), where you use a remote-scenario (e.g. you create a virtual cube and through UDConnect you get data out from an e.g. JDBC-datasource; you can also access BW data through the XMLA-connector)

Mario