cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource 2LIS_11_VAITM has to be replicated

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sunday we applied some support packages to R/3. This morning 6 of the 7 delta refeshes worked fine. One did not. It gave the error in the subject line. The long text said I need to replicate the data source and activate the transfer structures. I can probably do that. But I'm not sure then how I would refresh with out any loss of data coming over to BW. Any help?

Below is the long text of the message:

Diagnosis

The DataSource 2LIS_11_VAITM does not have the status of the source system in the Business Information Warehouse

The time stamp in the source systneis 23.10.2005 10:42:24

The time stamp in the BW system is 03.08.2004 11:58

Procedure

Copy the DataSource again and active the transfer rules that belong to it. Activation is necessary in all cases, even if teh transfer rules are still active after copying.

Any input that can help me understand what I'm dealing with would be helpful. I fear in tring to fix the problem I might make it worse if I don't investigate this a little.

Thanks,

Chris Robertson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Run it from BW by passing your Infosource as the parameter.

Bye

Dinesh

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

The activation job is running. Thank you.

Hopefully this is my last question.

How do I proceed with my refresh now without losing data? Is there a way to restart the exisitng refresh that is in error? Can I delete it and run it again without losing data?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

in your case I think you can just schedule it again and it will provide you the failed delta, because of your error, no extraction took place.

Hope it helps!

regards

Siggi

PS: Don't forget to assign some points to all the guys helping you.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to every one who replied to this post. I think we got it under control!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats Great!!

Assign points to the contributors who helped you. thats the way of saying Thanks here.

I hope you know how to assign points..

Regards,

Rohini

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

?? Any idea why I'm not seeing the options to award points? All I can see is the solved it on my own button, which definetly wasn't the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

normally beside each reply you will see the little stars and you will be able to assign helpful, very helpful and solved problem to each reply.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see four option on the left side of each reply by person contributed to this post.

You can see four options like 2 points(yellow light), 6 points (green light) and 10 points(blue), blue aslso means your issue is solved.

Regards,

Rohini.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

This is frustrating. I know how to award the point, but the option are simply not there. I can't award points when those button aren't there. Its frustrating because ya'll deserved them too. Thanks again for your help on this post.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah! I checked one more time and today the points options were available. So points have been awarded and this post is closed. Thanks again for the help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is a common problem when any patch/version upgrade happens. So go ahead and replicate the datasource. Do not forget to activate the transfer structure after the replication.

No harm..Go ahead!!

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

in addition: if you are in your productive system, activate the transfer structure using the report RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL. This will not prompt for a request.

regards

Siggi

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. I've replicated the DataSource. I guess I'm not sure how to activate transfer structure. Siggi you mentioned RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVE_ALL. Do I run this from R/3 or BW? Is that the only step I need to take to activate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time stamp of your spurce system and data source doesnot match so you will have to replicate and activate the datasource.

Right click data source and click on replicate option.

And then actiavte your transfer rules also. Then procedd with your data load.

Regards,

Rohini