Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of BOM - OS45/RCSBI040: Log Messages ?

alain_cloet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to automate the creation of a BOM. For this I use either the program RCSBI040 via SUBMIT RCSBI040 WITH LOG_NAME = 'ZBOM' AND RETURN, or I do a CALL TRANSACTION 'OS45' with the necessary Batch Input.

Both possibilities work, but I'm not able to retrieve the logging messages created during the call. The messages returned from Call Transaction are failures of the transaction call itself, not from the creation of the BOM.

I need to work in BATCH-mode as the function - containing the call to create the BOM - will be called from an external program (I hope this clear what I mean).

Could anyone give a hint how I can retrieve this ? Of course I should test first if the call can pass, but I can't foresee everything.

Or should I use another FM to create the BOM (with long texts !) ?

TIA,

Alain

2 REPLIES 2

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not clear about your requirement. Please give following details:

1. Is this requirement one time / regular? If regular, I suggest you to configure ALE/EDI.

2. Since RCSBI040 is a report program, Submit would be my choice. But after you submit, you need to process the sessions in SM35. you can schedule the automatic processing of your session by program RSBDCSUB and check.

Regards, Murugesh

0 Kudos

This will be regular. However, the creation of the BOM will be a part of a FM - called over running in SAP, so ALE/EDI is not needed (or better, on my own programmed FM, but this is OK).

What do you mean with a report program ? Actually, I know this is a 'report', but it does do the job anyhow ; to me that is more than just reporting. It's the reported info I need, would this be possible by the schedule-programm ?

Addition: I looked deeper into the SUBMIT option, and via the option to use a variant, and to write the report to the memory there might be a possibility it works as well, however, as there are 2 selection screens, I'm stuck with SUBMIT on this second screen. That was the reason I switched to Call Transaction in the first place...(but I'm aleady a bit further with the submit-version)

Edited by: Alain Cloet on Feb 29, 2008 3:20 PM (see Addition)