cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing through Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know whether label printing is possible through smatrforms. What all will be details present in a label. According to my knowledge a label is a small piece of paper which will be having details, might be barcode details or some other details. Barcode is possible through Smartform.

So if label printing is not possible through smartforms then what of kind of content present in label is not possible through smartforms?

PS : Please answer specific to my Question, will be rewarded with points.

Thanks & regards,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The design for Label-Forms is done in smartforms/sap-scripts in SAP. Now the choice of doing it through smartforms and sap-scripts depends on the kind of printer being used .

Ideally Labels are printed using Zebra printers and in SAP we design them using Smartforms.

The height of the Labels can vary depending on the content and the page-format that is being used in the smartform, but the width has to be static.

In our case, where we used a Zebra Printer, the width had to be limited to 8.5cms.

You can check the Zebra site for further information on the kind of prints taken out of Zebra Printers.

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/about_zebra/alliances/strategic_alliances/sap_new.html

Hope your question has been answered, for any further details, please post a question which is more specific.

Canet_1976
Explorer

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kabil_g
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please create new page format .... and try..........

Label Print Output :

raviram_jk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kabil,

i have created page format for label with 3cm height and 7.5 cm width. i have attached page format to my smartforms. but in output it is coming as one for one label.in first page one label second page another label is coming. Is it possible  in SAP to bring one by one label in Single page depending on how many labels u provided in input.

kabil_g
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes its possible , assume in a page you can have 6 Labels per page based on the input create 6 windows . If user is giving as 2 label hide remaining labels based on set of condition.

in the window u can give your conditions based on that to display.

If label is increasing more than 6 put condition goto new page.............

Please do refer SAPTechnical.COM - Label printing using Smart forms...... also for reference.

Regards,

Kabil.G

raviram_jk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi kabil,

Thanks for response, i have already done that. i have created page format with max height. because we are going to print labels in printer (roller paper). if it is 6 labels print 6 labels and it should stop. created page format with max height assigned to smartforms , In main window itself devlopd the template . looping that template make me to print as per input. But how to reduce the main window dynamically. based on input . IS it possible. otherwise while in printing Empty Pages wil come. because of max i have set since it is an roller paper label.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can develop labels in smartforms

first you need to get the papersize and size of the label

then develop accroding to it

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

I have done labels using smartforms in SAP 4.7 Just we need to create character format as barcode (CODE9) and use that in smartsofrms. I have developed article label, shipping label, sample label...

Thanks,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Beware of the printer type usually used to printer labels: check note 135894.

Regards,

Matteo Vernile

sreelatha_gullapalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

check the following link you can get the more idea about the smartforms

http://www.erpgenie.com/abap/smartforms_detail.htm

Regards,

Sreelatha Gullapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can use SMARTFORMS for LABEL printing. One of my colleague has done this for a project in IBM.

The project is for a medical equipment. He has done the labels for small injection bottles along with bar code. In his project Each lable contain 3cm width and 2cm hight.

raviram_jk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

i have created page format for label with 3cm height and 7.5 cm width. i have attached page format to my smartforms. but in output it is coming as one for one label.in first page one label second page another label is coming. Is it possible  in SAP to bring one by one label in Single page depending on how many labels u provided in input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to create labels in smartforms. You create them as you would any other form, the main difference being the size of the page, most forms and documents use a standard A4 or letter page, whereas labels tend to be different sizes.

Regards,

Nick