cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewarding points in the forums - October 26, 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of you might notice that you are unable to reward points today, the feature has been currently disabled at the moment due to some system changes.

It will be reacatived in about 24 hours, we are sorry for the inconvience.

SDN Team

Message was edited by: Craig Cmehil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

the link is to this thread, not to an answer of pizzaman

I have laughed about pizzamans post, probably it was a joke

Best regards

Renald

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renald,

You are probably right. I fixed the link nevertheless. We actually did when we intorduced the point system give everyone one point for every forum post the SDNer did.

But it would be too much effort to do this again. Everyone is in the same boat with this one.

Best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

After logging in, I see a message "CRP System Not Activated" in the place of my SDN Points and Top Contributers link (Lower left corner of my Home Page). And I also do not see the forum points.

Is this system not available or is this the problem with my ID? Please let us know when this Point system will be activated again.

Thanks in advance,

Rajani Kumar

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The points system is still down. There's nothing wrong with your id.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

As Craig has written. The point system is currently down. That is for all, not only your user ID.

As all of you know by now, we are having stability problems. I guess they come with the success of having over 250K members and a lots of users. (Even though SDN was down a couple of times we still clocked in at over 1100 posts last week.)

It is not a trivial problem and to limit the influencing factors we have decided to take our home grown point system out of the equation. Next to a host of other factors availability was improved by 5% from the day before.

We will let you know once it is back and also will give you a detailed account of what was going wrong.

Isn't it true for SDN too: You only know what you had once it is gone. (Well, actually not there for a while.)

Please be patient, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for your update and nice to know these stats!!

Rajani

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark, Craig -

any time line for reactivation?!?!

Regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is now back online, weblogs, articles, etc. are up to date points wise as of October 30, anything posted after that which means today is not yet credited.

Message forums are back in terms of the points so you can now start rewarding again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man, and I provided some great answers during the time it was down that I'll probably never get points for.....

Can't I get a prorated refund, like when my TV cable is out for a couple of days?

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pizzaman,

Checked into one of your answers from yesterday:

Surprise, you got some points for it already.

May be the SDNer are better than you think in giving points even after the fact.

Good luck, Mark.

Message was edited by: Mark Finnern