6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2008 2:06 AM by Ramanand Bhatt RSS

Error regarding period control in asset accounting

muscan S
Currently Being Moderated

Hi ,

I am getting an errr while executing ABAVN, i,e

*eror : the system cannot determine a depreciation period on 4.3.2008 for period control A0 of the period control of phase A1 of depreicaiton key 7000*

When i go to error log ,

it tells me to maintian the assignment of the periods for the period control entered.

then when i proceed further i  go to the t. code OA84.

Now i am not sure what to do .... as i am not so clear with the significance of OA84.. can anyone explain me what should i do..

• Re: Error regarding period control in asset accounting
    Ramanand Bhatt

Hi,

OA84 is used to generated the period control for a particular calendar year. This is required to be created for the fiscal year variant used in Asset Accounting e.g. V3 or K4 or your own specific one.

You need to generate this in order to allow the asset accounting postings to determine what is the date which it will assign as asset value date automatically e.g. if you are doing retirement of an asset on 20th of a month, but you want the asset retirement to have a value date of 1st of month or middle of month or last day of month, you need to create the period control accordingly. This period control will specify that if a posting is happening in first half of the month, the asset value date should always be 1st or if its in second half of the month, it should always be 15th or some other rule as applicable.

So, generate the period control using transaction OA84 for the calendar year 2008.

Ramanand

muscan S

Thanks a lot Ramanand....

But one last doubt , when i go to oa84 screen , i can see only Fiscal year variant  and from calender year... as selection screen

So what should i input.

that is in Fiscal year variant i should put K4 and calender year 2008... confirm me

muscan S

Ramanand,

I just inpputed K4 and 2008 as selection input and executed in the test ru n....

I can see 7 coloums heading as period contol , name of the period contol , yesr month , day ....

BUt in the period control column i am not able to see the period control for which the error had come..

kindly let me know what i should do ..

Ramanand Bhatt

Hi Muscan,

Is the period control A0 defined in transaction OAVH along with the fiscal year variant assignment for each month of the calendar?

If yes, then it will be generated in OA84 for a particular calendar year.

Ramanand Bhatt

muscan S

Hi Ramanad,

Yesterday i just tried to maintain the year and variant and period control for 2007 for jan month in T.code oavh  ... and then i did abavn ...

The error didnt came.

SO now my Q. is what is the significance of OA84 in my case... the errror which was coming before was  used to take me to oa84 screen ....

and in OA84 screen no AO period contol is maintianed eventhough it was maintained in oavh with the fiscal year variant.

Now also i tried to execute OA84 in test run...but  i am not able to see the AO period control in the screen.

ANd last doubt is as per my knowldge OAVH is maintianed manually to determine the asset value date for retirement and for depr.   AM I right? pls correct me if i am worng 

actually i am confused with the significance and difference between OAVH adn OA84...

KIndly make me understand to solve this issue. Ur help will be highly appreciated .

thanks

Actions