cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Min.order Qty from Info record in PR in MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any setting by which , while running MRP, system will take min.order quantity from info record (instead of material master) ?.

If not , then is there any way to achieve the same?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba Szommer ,

Thank you very much for your valuable information.

I consider problem is 99% solved. I can suggest material specific R.profile in material master as well as vendor specific R.profile in info record and It should work. So MRP will generate PRs based on R.profile in Material master, and while coverting PR to PO using it will take into accoutn info record specific R.profile.

However creating PRs (Though MRP) with minimum order size as specified in info record will still be an area of research.

Thanks a lot.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

At present i have the same issue as logged in this message. Where i need the system to pick the minimum purchase order qty from the inforecord.

Would appreciate if you could help me out on this regard.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184279

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba Szommer

You are right, If you try to convent PR in to PO, and if you have maintained min.order qty in info record, you get message ( error / warning ) as per your message setting.

Your question is also valid that if the same material is being procured by many vendors, and each vendor might have different min. order qty, Hence it has to be picked from info record only.

But I have tried with all the possibilites. While converting PR into PO, based on system message you can correct the Quantity, but if MRP generates PR ,based on the min.order qty in info record, then no need to handle such messages.

You can try also, maintain different min. order qty in Material master and info record, it will always take from Material master and never from info record.

But Logically, it should take from info record.

That is why I wanted to make the system take info record min.order.qty.

So it would solve the problem if you know some setting that takes min.order.qty from info record.

( ref: I am aware of planned del. time , there is one checkbox in plant parametes, if you select that , system will take planned del.time from info record , if you don't, system will take it from material master. So if you know any such setting for min.order.qty, pls let me know. I could not find any such possibilities)

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Please check the link in my previous email. SAP help definitely says:

'If you enter a minimum order quantity in the purchasing info record, the PO quantity will be rounded up to the desired minimum quantity after evaluation of the rounding profile where appropriate.'

Please check the customizing (IMG >...> Purchasing > Optimized purchasing > Optimizing the Order Quantity) - maybe your problem can be solved if you define rounding profile and maintain it in your info records. (Sorrowfully, as I said, I can't check it but maybe you can find a solution.)

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the reply.

When a min. ordersize is filled in the info-record and another lordersize is maintained in the master data, The MRP will take the qty. of the Master Data.

E.g

I just picked a purchased part.

In the MRP 1 view I added 10000 as a minimum qty. and in the info-record of that same part I added 60 as a minimum ordersize. After running the MRP, it suggested 100000 in PR. But what I want is that system should suggest 60,(i.e system should suggest the min.quantity from info record.

If I do not maintain min.order qty in material master (but still miantained in purchaseinfo record), system does not consider the min.order qty at all, as system always take it from material master and not from info record.

So is there any setting / user exit/enhancement by which system can take the min.order qty from info record, and if not maintained in info record, then from material master.?

Thanks in advance

Bharat

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

I do not know this issue well but I guess data in info record should (must) be able to overwhelm data defined in material master record.

If it is not true what is the purpose of storing minimum order quantity in info record? How could you set & use different minimum order quantity for different suppliers?

I feel you should be able to set it. Please check following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/67/c50d38c5a5c82ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

(I do not have access to Customizing - so I just tried with our current settings > when I converted PR to PO and I got a warning message that the PO qty is less than the min order qty in info record)

Please give feedback.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use material master and run mrp with lot size GR and ,mrp type vb

regards

points if useful/helpful

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

I guess it depends on the structure / state of your master data.

e.g.

If you procure one of your materials only from one supplier, and you have source list + info record maintained in SAP, in this case the system is able to determine the source of supply for this material during MRP run, and MRP will consider the information stored in the info record.

So, data in info record overrides the data in material master records, but only iif SAP can consider the info records during MRP run > if your master data is maintained well.

If you have several source of supply for one material you can maintain quota arrangement and in this way SAP can consider info records again, and data (e.g. min ord qty) maintained in info records.

I hope I'm not mistaken

BR

Csaba