cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot convert character sets for one or more characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this error message "Cannot convert character sets for one or more characters" when i try to transfer the data from Application server file as CSV to PSA.

I checked the format is correct...

If i load the same file from Local workstation i am not getting that error message

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello

for people like me who ran into the issue - I solved mine via note 1130965, changing the character set in the infopackage to 1100.

Yann

Edited by: Yann Chagourin on Jun 11, 2008 3:30 AM

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yann - thanks - this note was helpful to me to resolve a BW flat file load issue - thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Yann, this works perfectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hHi Yann,

this helped me as well,

thanks a lot

Vimal

0 Kudos

I had some difficulties in finding how to change charset in infopackage, since it seems an output only field.

For those dummies that have my same problem, you should first change character set param. to "direct input" then a new field will appear where you will be able to set the "1100" value.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this problem too. In my situation, the problem was the special chars in the headline. I had the Char " í ". I change it to " i " and it solved my problem.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We faced this issue Today in PRD, firstly i checked the Note: 1130965.

Created a test Infopackage and followed the instruction as per the Note and ran the IP.

The load got completed successfully but Activation of DSO failed due to invalid character.

We removed  the spaces in the File and ran the IP used in  Process chain.

The Load got completed successfully.

By this we can confirm that the issue was with extra spaces present in file.

I suspect the Note allows to load the invalid character but Activation of DSO will surely fails.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Vinay Saraf

0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I got the error saying " Cannot convert character sets for one or more characters".

But when i removed the Invalid characetrs and tried to load i didnt get any error.

Regards,

vinay saraf

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

check for lower case letter also. they are also not allowed until check box in the infoobject maintenance is ticked.

Regards,

Purvang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked lower case option for all IO

When i checked the PSA failed log no of records processed is "0 of 0" my question is with out processing single record system is througing this error message.

When i use same file loading from local workstation no error message

I am thinking when I FTP the file from AS/400 to BI Application Server(Linex) some invalid characters are adding but how can we track that invalid char?

Gurus please share your thoughts on this I will assign full points.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

validate the application file using tcode AL11 whether the file has been uploaded correctly (without any special characters) with FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we validate I have 40,000 records in my csv file how can we identify special characters on Application server folder.

Thanks

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

while loading are you able to see the data correct format in the preview tab at data source level.

if yes no problem.

if no you will get the error messages scorll down -> read the error message.

-Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you do not have any special character in the file....if it is there & required then use RSKC to allow it to pass as a part of data