cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change port 50000 to 80 in UNIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've succesfully installed NetWeaver 4 with SP 13 in a Solaris 9 Machine, but I've being trying to change the default port from 50000 to the 80 for the portal, but without success.

What I've donde is change in the Visual Administrator in the Http Services the port from 50000 to 80, it is changed succesfully but I cannot see the portal after that. I know there are some restrictions in Unix with port under 1024 and I have to change some parameteres in the Web Dispatcher.

Please can some tell me how to do this? because there is no documentation at all!!! Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web Dispatcher solution might be the solution

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please reefer to

There is a simple solution on this, depending on you Unix Flavor.

Best regards,

Ivan

Edited by: Anja Engelhardt on May 23, 2011 9:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

The link you posted is dead, can you post a new link?

Thanks,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there another way of doing this without redirecting? I have a J2EE instance (no ABAP) and was hoping there was a way of using ports below 1024 without additional software. For exmaple, with an ABAP based system, you can change icmbnd ownership to root and let SAP use those ports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you use port-forwarding in UNIX to forward any requests that come in on Port 80 to Port 50000?

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, for your answear, it was very helpful. What we did is exactly that: we downloaded an opensource software for solaris which internaly redirects everything from the port 80 to the 50000. Thanxs.