cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I achieve internationalization in VC?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

Visual Composer supports internationalization through standard translation files which are generated on compilation of models.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me where could I find translation file? And how, do I proceed with it.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can find some information about the 7.1 translation process here (an explanation of what is automatically added to the translation file and what you need to explicitly add to the file): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/6c/38d36941d140aeb8095ca07e3294a8/frameset.htm

There is currently no tool available for translating the translation files - you need to perform several manual steps which are described in the SAP note that is referenced at the end of the topic linked above (Note 939180)

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicole.

I added the link to the "Useful Links" post.

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

I copied the "Search.xlf" with the copy option to the clipboard, changed the text for language nl, named that file to "Search_nl.xlf" but how do I paste it or where do I store it that compiler would find it??

Hoping for the quick reply and thank you.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Nicole gave birth to a baby girl today, so she won't be replying soon

I hope I will be able to help, though.

About the location of your XLF file, it should be located in the same folder as the default XLF file. The compiler will find it there.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thank you for replying.

I could not find the XLF file on the server, where should it be located? However, I did find the XML files (those have the same names as the folder in my source code), should I place the language-specific XLF's there? I would not like the model to break....

I tried to place the Search_nl.xlf, where the XML files are present (in other test model) and compiler doesn't find it (atleast I do not see it in the source)

Best regards,

Dharmi

@Nicole,

Congratulations. Be ready to get all the love from your daughter and "mama", "mama" all the time.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Can you please reply?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

VC models are created with MasterLanguage.xlf file which represent the original language of the created model.

VC compiler traverses through the model folder and collect all its *.xlf files, if you will place your new *.xlf files within the model folder (where the Master Language .xlf file is located) it is guarantee that the compiler will collect them during the build process.

In order to upload your XLF files to the folder you need to use the Configuration Tool of the J2EE:

1. Go to \usr\sap\*\*\j2ee\configtool and run the configtool.bat

2. Press on the right most button (tooltip says “Switch to configuration editor mode”. It has a pencil and a yellow and blue boxes in its’ icon) to switch to configuration editor mode.

3. In the Display configuration tab chose the following route: developmentserver->ClientWorspaces-> Your User Name -> sap.com._UWSoftwareComponent

(see [screen shot 1|http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/40/translation1ub9.png])

4. In the opened list look for your DC name with the suffix _impl and open it by clicking the plus sign on the left.

5. In the opened list look for your model. This is a bit tedious: The folders have GUIDs fpr names, but in each folder you will have .properties file which will help you identify your model name. Open the properties file and look up the name, it appears in the “com.sap.custom.display-name” entry.

(see [screen shot 2|http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2349/translation2ch3.png])

6. Now when you have located your model’s folder, switch to edit mode by pressing the most left icon in the tab header (it has an icon of a pencil and glasses). A warning message box will appear. Confirm it.

7. Right click on the model’s folder and choose the import from the context menu.

8. Select your XLF file using as the source file name. make sure “import content directly into the selected configuration” is selected. Click “Start import”

9. Upload your files and retrigger the deploy button within VC.

You can use the configuration tool to manage your xlf files in general (add, remove).

I hope this helps,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. However the import fails:

Start importing into configuration developmentserver/ClientWorkspaces/dharmi.tanna/sap.com_SoftwareComponent/sap0x2ecom0x2ftemp0x2fsms_impl/temp.7d230a01ee8d11dc9d76000ffe725ec2, importMode: IMPORT_CONTENT...

Importing ...

Exception occurred during import:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred during import/export: File contents.xml not found in import archive.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.utilities.transfer.ConfigImporter.importConfig(ConfigImporter.java:98)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.WriteAccessConfiguration.importContent(WriteAccessConfiguration.java:1449)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.WriteAccessConfiguration.importContent(WriteAccessConfiguration.java:1442)

at com.sap.engine.services.configuration.gui.AbstractConfigurationTreeNode.importConfig(AbstractConfigurationTreeNode.java:519)

at com.sap.engine.services.configuration.gui.ImportPanel$ImporterThread.run(ImportPanel.java:246)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:606)

Import failed.

Am I doing something wrong? I followed you till step 7 and on 8th step I select Contact_nl.xlf and make sure “import content directly into the selected configuration” is selected. Click “Start import”

but then I get the error.

Help....

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

You are doing nothing wrong, there is a problem with the instructions I gave.

My apologies for this.

I will consult our local expert tomorrow to see what you should do.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Do you have any update for me?

Thanks much,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

From the looks of things it seems there is no simple way to add XLF files to the local and shared repositories.

With DTR things should be easier.

I am still looking into this.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Please keep me posted.

I don't mind trying the complicated way as long as it works...

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

I am about to investigate into internationalization, so i came accross this thread.

The status of it is answered, but i cannot really find the solution. Could you solve it in the end? If yes, how?

Thank you for you help

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any update about the translation process?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Internationalization required having DTR for adding translations and generally, the Shared Repository is not recommended.

DTR is not implemented at our end. So we could not move forward with it.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I saw your post just today on this thread are you still looking for answers!

Regards,

Dharmi

Answers (0)