cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own Knowledge Warehouse Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum!

A while ago we installed KW7.0. Some SAP Documentation and Trainings are imported, but not really frequently requested - maybe because the content is fragmentary. In future we want to use the KW as central SAP library (dynamic help) and also want to publish own documentation. Last mentioned brings me to the despair! (I am a basis admin and not an KW expert or customizer)

I worked with a couple of SAP documents:

-KW configuration guide

-help.sap.com

-Knowledge Worbench tutorial

-IMG

...but i dont get things running. The actual status is that in can put my own content in a Folder "my favorites" in the Knowledge Workbench, But the is not displayed on the Webside. I added a folder to the "entry structure". This is displayed in the Knowledge Workbench (but not on the webside), and i cannot put documents into it.

My question: Does anyone have further documentation for this topic, maybe own-created or from a source i dont know. I also would appreciate other food for thoughts.

I dont think that i have a permission problem, my user has besides sap_all all KW- and IWB-admin roles and profiles i could find.

Thanks for your efforts

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Stahl on Mar 7, 2008 5:17 PM

Edited by: Andreas Stahl on Mar 10, 2008 9:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can help you if it is still necessary. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, yes I still couldnt do it.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas. First tell me the system information. Are you install the ABAB+JAVA stack ?. The version your MAXDB , Contenet server is ? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we habe a contentserver 6.30. The content is on filesystem (possible with UNIX), not in MaxDB. We are running Netweaver 04 with J2EE, SAPIKS1.0

Greetings

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you login into http://<server>:port/SAPIKS2/jsp/adminShow ? Or if you say SAPIKS1 (i'm don't know this), on:

http://<server>:port/SAPIKS/jsp/adminShow or SAPIKS1... Also chek this URL -->

http://<server>:port/SAPIKS2/chgApplConfigParams.sap .

What do you see? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo, i send you an email with 2 screenshots.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Stahl .As i'm see you successfully create connection (i'm don't know German) to KW server.

And the problem in your case are ? Then you go to Sii1, open a folder , select the document and press on

"web browser" link (CtrlShiftf6) what do you see? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo, i dont have a problem with the KW itself. I think its working fine.

I "just" need advice to place own content (e. g. a word file) on the KW Website.

Altough i studied documentation i wasnt able so far. Maybe you can help in this topic.

I am out of office till thursday.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I have understood. I'm create own content on the KW.

The steps are:

1) Go to si24 -> Settings in the KW system --> Development of info objects --> Context for Versioning -->

Enhancements --> create your enhancement (in our case)

Enhance: /kwcust/ ; Rel.ench : 640 ; Description : blablabla ; sap release 640 (we have used nw 04s in your case you can create for 620 or others... like 45B ). Save.

2) Go to sm30 , maintain the "HLPRESOL" table add the /kwcust/

3) Go to sm30 , maintain the "TWPURLSVR" => KW webserver , port ,webserver , port. In our case is same servers.

4) Go to se38 ,run the programm RSIWBH01 --> in SPACE_01 add the /kwcust/ , in Enhancement release your newly created release.

5) You need to create the template for word documents which you wish to create or place on KW side.

Go to se38, run IWB_TEMPLATES :

Area -> Documentation ; Language -> your language like German ; Enhancement --> your newly created enhancement. Press "create template" or "Shift+F10" ,choose "IWB_EXTHELP" --> "content type" like

Z_xxx (first letter must be Z) ,Description : blablabla. choose word document (fro examle empty word document )

will ask you 2 times. If all ok you can see the newly created template.

6) Now you can create documents on the basis of this template.

You can create the document from GUI and Knowledge Workbench side.

6.1) Go to sii1 press on "Change context" or "Ctrl + F11" , language German ; press on "show enhancement"

(do not press on show country) choose your context, press continue.

6.2) Create new folder (folder > create) after go to this folder , and press on "create info object" or "shift + f8">

IWB_EXTHELP (topic) : Title: blablabla ; tehname: blablabla; content type : YOU MUST CHOOSE your newly created template: ; Opens the word and you can write anything .... press save , choose status to "released", select your new document and chek it : press on "web browser" or "ctrlshiftf6".

If you want to create KW document from existing word file you need to use the Knowledge Workbench.

6.3) Open "KWorkB" , press on "Context", country "<none>" other fields you know. '

You can see your new folder and new document in this folder. If can't see press on "edit"--> find in KW, and find

Folders in KW.

For create go to in folder , press on "info object' -> new --> from existing file , choose your Document, it's opens the WIzard. Press Next --> NEXT --> Opens the " set atribute values" --> in left choose the "content type"

and specify your new "template". NEXT, Finish. If all ok you can see the new document. About Structure i can say in new thread. Sorry for my bad english. Regards. Do not forget award helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo, i was able to create an dokument. But it is not shown in the entry structure of the KW Webpage. It is in a folder "Favorites", wich is not shown on the Website.

Is this wrong or normal?

Greetings

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas. That you have in view of under "KW Webpage" ? Yes your folders are in your "favorites" , but other

peoples can add them through FIND Folders. If you need to view this document for GUI, for example -->

You are in "first screen" EASY ACCESS. The right cliques mouse on "favorites" --> "add other objects" -->

like (Depends on release) "Knowledge warehouse" --> text "blababla" , on document press "F4", choose documentation and find your document or structure. Also youcan add it in "ROLE" and after add this role ti user -->

for this go to PFCG , open role for editing --> go to "menu" field --> press on "Other" add other object, and other like to add in "favorites". Aslo you can add the documentation for roles in PFCG , edit some role, --> "Utilities" -->

"info object"-->"create assignment".

It is very interesting to me that you had in view of under

"But it is not shown in the entry structure of the KW Webpage" , probably I don't know this , it's interesting

i send you email now. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

thanks for your further information. I was able to do my work with your help.

I also was able to create a new folder on "the Website" (see Mail)

Have a nice weekend

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas. i'm out of work on 2 week. I'm call on work mondey and my frends send mail to me. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

I'm new in the KW and really need the help on how to transport template into the system.

I read the configuration guide and the note 578283. I got the template file (2 Zip files), but not really sure how to transport them to the KW. (Even my Basis guy also did not know this!!)

So if you are not too busy, please show me the light please...

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon.

Adi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Can you expain more what you want exactly...

Though..I can help you in docs if its related to Portal and KMC..Also if you find some problem in those let me know them...

Regards

Piyush