Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Independent requirements and Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the difference between Planned Independent requirements and Forecast in

APO DP ? If I generate forecast can we term it as planned Independent requirements?

Thank you

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Planned Independent Requirements is a SAP technical term for forecasts. Customer Independent requirements is a SAP technical term for sales orders. Based on requirement strategy CIRs can consume PIRs at specific statuses of sales orders. PIRs and CIRs together thus form the demand of independent nature. There are demands of dependent nature like Distribution Demand due to Purch Reqs at different location or dependent demands on the componets arising out of a planned order at header level. All these together consititute Total Demand. Some organizations could have their own definitions of Forecasts varying slightly. Eg they could call CIRs and PIRs together to call forecasts. So you would need to interrogate the business to exactly understand the semantic meaning of Forecasts that they refer to.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually forecasts in DP buckets end up as Planned independednt reuirements in SNP/PPDS (order series) when released

as for the terminology: You can term any requirement - forecast or just a manual entry of what you think your demand will be as planned independent requirement...as long as its a planned requirement and is not dependent on an other requirement (requirement of a component based on requirement of a finished good is not PIR if you have a PIR in the finished good level)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are only live on DP. We create forecast in DP and currently just transfer it to SAP R/3.

In this scenario can we term forecast as planned independent requirement ?

Thank you.

Regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. you can call it Planned independent Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you that solves the problem.

Thanks

Best Regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks I have similar problem.

I have created demand in MD61 in ECC and I saw PIR in product view in APO and I am using strategy 10 make to stock.

1. I have created stock in ECC and its appearing in APO product view
  2. I have created sales order thinking it will consume the forecast FA
  3. But is not consuming the forcasting.

Please help me how to consume. If you have any example that would be much helpful to me