Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Access seuence Works???

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

Q1 ) When we create a condition table and put in access sequence it gives feilds ? from where it is retriveing all those feilds? for example for a K004 acc seq has customer / material. but the feilds when i check the feilds i can see the sales orgn, dist channel , etc from where it is taking and on what basis it takes?

Q2) I have created 2 condition tables (Ex : 1st condition table - customer/material & 2nd condition table - sales orgn / dist channel / customer) and i have put in one acc seq.and i have maintained condition record for both those tables how the system checks , because it is taking the last conditon table record in the sales order irrespective of acc seq search . My question is how the system (acc seq )searches the condition record of these two and how and on what basis acc seq picks in the sales order.

please tell me in detail and the flow how it is working in a simple language

Thanks to all in adavance

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have to work but thanks for the input given by the experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath...

and also note for each of the accesses(condition tables) in an access sequence you can assign requirements if needed. for example an acc seq is having three key combinations and you have maintained condition records for all of them. Now at the time of sales order irrespective of maintaining condition records the system would first look if the requirement is satisfied or not, and then only check if there is a conditin record. After this again the normal procedure of exclusive indicator which is explained in the previous threads.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply kishore and lakshmipathi

but still doubt remains , as when i create some conditon tables with certain key combinations and assign it to my access sequence and when i create condition record for all those key combinations assigned then at the time of creation of sales order why it takes only last one irresepective of specific or generic .key combinations

. so where is the question of fetching the data from specific to generic in access sequnce .

why the system takes only last key combination only . so how the access sequence works then ?

can you plz let me know ?

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear srinath

Go to V/07 and select your condition type. Double click "Accesses" so that on your right side some tables will be displayed and on the right side, you can see a tab "Exclusive" which controls whether the system stops searching for a record after the first successful access for a condition type within an access sequence. This means whatever field you select for a table, system will first check that table only. Select all the tabs and now retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

say you have a condition type ZR00 and it is assigned to an access sequence ZACC. Lets say there are 3 condition tables assigned to ZACC. While arranging these condition tables its our responsibility to put them from most specific to most general so that when a condition record is found for the key combination it is fetched into the sales order. Coming to your question, if condition records are maintained for all the 3 key combinations the access sequence starts the search from the first key combination and goes to the next and finally the last one and fetches it to the sales order. So to prevent the access sequence going to the next key combination when it has found the most specific( as per the arrangment we made) when you tick the exclusive indicator in the access sequence, it stops furhter search. Say for the first key combination it did not find the record, then it goes to the next most specific key combination, if it finds a record the stops further search and comes out of the access sequenc because of the exclusive indicator.

So the access sequence would always fetch the key combination which is most specific.

Hope this explanation helps.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks kishore and lakshmipathi. Your answer are bit helpful

I think there should be some other way for this apart form putting exclusion indicator. and kishore i have arranged the 3 conditon tables (key combinations) from specific to general only.still it is taking the last one which is general (sales orgn key combination only)

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it will keep on pulling the last key combination because once the access sequence starts search from first, say it got the record fetched, now it goes to second, third.. and finally takes the last one which has a valid condition record unless there is an exclusive indicator. Most specific to general is what we arrange and then tell the system once it finds the specific one, then dont go to the next one with the exclusive indicator

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kishore

Sorry for the late reply, i have not seen this answer you have sent. i have rewarded full points before only

Thanks

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear srinath,

no problem.. .. if the answer was helpful.. i guess am happy.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It determines the sequence in which the system searches for data. The access sequence consists of one or more accesses. The sequence of the accesses establishes which condition records have priority over others. The accesses tell the system where to look first, second, and so on, until it finds a valid condition record. You specify an access sequence for each condition type for which you create condition records.

so it starts from the most specific and proceeds to the most general access and picks the record.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Access Sequence is always searchs Most specific to Most general.

Most specific means it specify particular customer price.that price only applies particular order related to the that customer.

Most general means it is only material price. This price applies all order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear srinath

To answer both your question, go to access sequence V/07, select K004. Here you can see for that particular condition type, what are the tables assigned. Based on these combinations only, in VK11, it is flowing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi