cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform - two main windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I wanted to create two windows that acts like two main windows.

The upper part contains the original copy then the lower part should contain duplicate copy of the upper part.

Heres a sample output:

Original Copy:

material1 text

material2 text

Duplicate Copy:

material1 text

material2 text

How will I do it? Please help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

Please answer to my post regarding the same issue.

http://scn.sap.com/message/16726138         

Awaiting reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am looking to create the text shown in pic with 18 as number beside the sub-total table. Sub total page is part of main table. I am unable to bring the text (bank details) right after the main table and beside (left to) sub-total box.

I tried template in table, table in table etc but i could not do the right thing.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

this explains for 2 pages with main windows scenarios:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Command/Index.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i dont know why do you want to create two three main winodws!

we cant use the following steps?

1.create one text area say text1( for heading/ document part for orginal table)

2.create a table right under the text1 and that would be your original table, say table1

3.again createone more text area say text2(for heading / document part for duplicate table)

4 copy table 1 and paste it right under text2.

- to copy and paste under text2, copy table1 and paste it somewhere in main window then drag and drop right under the text2.

done!

dont go for seconadry windows! one simple page and one main window can make it much better

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,
And some more informations,

only one main window is allowed to one page,
if you create more pages with more main windows on them, make sure you follow the same height ,width for the main windows.

main windows are dynamically growing with respect to the data and can be extended to next page automatcally on massive data

former_member182873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi eventhough its too late but Iam seeing still we are struggling with this Issue ...I solved by making a customised program ZRFFOUS_C and assigning it in FBZP ..Its working fine Iam able to display two line items Using a temporary Internal table with AT LAST statement and control_form function...If anyone required code you can message here.,
Manjunath K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im not getting it. How to do this..?

Because in page2 we have to give something as next page and we cant give page 1 - it will hang. And page2 cannot point to itself.

Thankyou for all replies.

Regards,

KS

former_member182873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KS

There is no mandatory to give second page a next page since I think you are displaying static data in that page (page2 cannot point to itself.) and if you are displaying dynamic data then I don't think giving next page as Page2 for Page2 doesn't hangs .FYI look at standard script of Payment advice F110_D_AVIS page NEXT contains its next page as page NEXT..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju for coming back with reply.

Ya you are right, i dont know why i was reading "with" as "without". Finally it worked when in condition i wrote next page as page2 for page1 and page 2 for page2.  But my first page still does not print the main window table. Though its printing for the second copy. Just for more information, my second page is just same as first page - only heading changes - so both have main windows. Also, suppose page 1 extends to 2 pages because of more items, then page 1 and page 2 both has more than 1 page - lets say 2 pages. So my 2 pages of 1st page prints 1 of 1 and 2of1. And 2nd page prints - 1of2 and 2 of 2. But i just want it as 1 of 1, i of2 ; and then for second page two copies i need of 1 and 2 of 1. Else putting both pages in same SF would not suit my requirement.

Thanks for your reply,

KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Smartforms do not allow 2 main windows inside a single form. You can only use one main window.

What you can do is create 2 tables inside your main window. Just before the start of the Duplicate table make use of a COMMAND line to forcefully shift the printing on the 2nd page.

Regards,

Danish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Smartforms does not allow two main windows, but you can achieve what you need in one main window using two tables.

E.g. Your main window contains

Original Copy: (as a text element)

material1 text (as a table)

material2 text

Command (to trigger a new page)

Duplicate Copy: (a text element)

material1 text (as a second table)

material2 text

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nick,

actually i have tried doing this but then the second table only prints on the first page.

no data appears on the second page.

by the way do you know any standard field symbols that determines if it is a new page?

tnx..

tnx..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you second page then copy the main window of the first page and also the tables within it and adjust the width accordingly

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set up a simple form that follows the approach and it seems to work fine. If you want to add some more detail on how your form is structured this might help.

With regards the standard fields, there are system fields for the page number (SFSY-PAGE) and page name (SFSY-PAGENAME), but I don't know of a flag for a new page.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Hi ,

I have a smartform and my requirement to as follows.

In first page i have a main window where data is printed in a table, now in this table i need to print only first 6 rows and remaining rows should be printed in next page but the layout of the next page would be different than the 1st page main window.

So when i am trying to create a main window in next page with different layout and this second page can extend to diffent pages based on the data in table but i am getting short dump when i am creating a main window which is not similar to 1st page

Is it not possible to have two different main windows in two pages. Is there is constraint that we cannot create different main window. If no then how do i create two different main windows.

Basically i am getting short dump when i am creating a window type as main , i havnt put anything in the window yet .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

If you want to display things different on page2 than on page1 then you dont need to alter any wondows for this.

Use either other windows or the same ones, but unaltered.

But everything you print in that window is printed within a node, or even a folder. Those nodes/folder have conditions.

Just make other nodes/folders with the condition SFSY-PAGE = 2, if you have a special layout in mind for exactly page2.

Dont forget to add a SFSY-PAGE = 1 condition to all the nodes/folders you just wish to print on page1.

sounds simple? it is!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanx for ur suggestion, i did exactly the same and got it right

Thanx a lot ..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am copying from mainwindow to another window in samepage is allowing.i.e.smart allows two mainwindows?.

Regards,

Gurunath Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vaneessa,

i copied main window into window w1, its type is main window only. in layout, w1 ia at top, after that main window.

then text in w1 is getting displayed, when i kept main window at the top n w1 below it, its going into dump.

can u plz tell a solution for this.

Edited by: Mytri on Mar 11, 2008 11:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use two main windows in same page it will get runtime error. Because width of main window is not constant. Main window width will change according to the data we have.

Pranav

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

On the page right click, say create window..In general attributes for the window, select window type as main window

To copy the main window u have made, right click on the main window, say copy then paste