Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_DEVELOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run ME31K with a developers role. I get a short dump, I go to SU53 and have an auth error that caused it on an SD object. This is fine.

I remove the developers role. Run the same tcode, get the same short dump but now when I go to Su53, I do not see the real auth error, I now see an auth error on 'S_DEVELOP ' and object debug.

any idea on where this would come from. the user obviously does not have a developers role and should not, the tcode ME31K also does not check for this. So , where is the auth error coming from ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to transaction SU24 and check which objects are marked C/M on transaction ME31K. i'd be very surprised if there was any SD-object to that transaction except for

V_KOND_VEA

V_KONH_VKS

as for the error. run transaction ST01 with 'autority-check' flagged for the user in question (make sure you run the trace on the same instance the user is logged on to - in case of more than one application server). check the trace. have a special look at all objects with a return-code > 0.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to transaction SU24 and check which objects are marked C/M on transaction ME31K. i'd be very surprised if there was any SD-object to that transaction except for

V_KOND_VEA

V_KONH_VKS

as for the error. run transaction ST01 with 'autority-check' flagged for the user in question (make sure you run the trace on the same instance the user is logged on to - in case of more than one application server). check the trace. have a special look at all objects with a return-code > 0.

0 Kudos

V_KONH_VKS is the object in question and after I ahve that added, I have no problems. Still do not know where the S_DEVELOP auth problem came from but adding the V_KONH_VKS object seems to have cured it.

0 Kudos

SU53 shows the last failed authority check, not the authorization which (necessarily) needs to be added to the user role to make it work. This is a well documented but sometimes misunderstood fact.

When the program dumps due to missing authority (which should not ideally happen; even for objects such as S_DATASET you should check the authority using FM AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET and react to it before you open the file, etc), then the system is most likely checking S_DEVELOP object type DEBUG to determine whether or not the "Debug" function should be displayed in the dump screen....

=> this is then the last failed authority check => SU53 is doing that which it is built to do

Cheers,

Julius