cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM_DNO_MONITOR - way to customise display apart from 'change layout' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In the transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR, there is a standard screen offering a few selection parameters.

Based on what you choose, the next screen is displayed with all those relevant messages.

There is a "Change Layout Button" as with many SAP reports. One can choose to include a further fields to get displayed on the report screen.

My questions are:

(1) Is there a way to include more fields than suggested by the "Change Layout" dialog box? For instance, I was keen to know why the following fields were not offered for selection:

a) Support Team

b) Subject (field name - LISTCODE)

(2) Is there a way to easily include Z fields as part of the Support Message (standard Transaction Type SLFN) and use such Z fields in display ?

(3) Is there any other transaction, apart from CRM_DNO_MONITOR that offers even better control on filtering/ sorting messages ?

Any suggestions and workarounds would be gratefuly acknowedged.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No specific answers heard/found. Closing this for housekeeping sake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

To my knowledge,

It is only possible to include/exclude the fields visible in the "Change Layout" dialog box.

(ii) It should be easier for an ABAPer to add more fields to this report as required by you. Better to show an ABAPer this report and ask him to find out from which table these fields are taken and check whether the same table has the fields required by you. If so, you can easily create a copy of this default report and make appropriate changes to it.

(iii) I am not sure whether you are aware of the fact that these service desk message creation results in the creation of two types of messages namely ABA messages and CRM messages. CRM_DNO_MONITOR reports the list of CRM messages created and DNOTIFWL reports the list of ABA messages created.

So, there is one other transaction DNOTIFWL which provides you a report of messages.

But I feel CRM_DNO_MONITOR provides more information and better UI compared to DNOTIFWL.

If interested, have a look at it )

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alagammai,

Thanks for your time.

Being a person who started from 3.1 days, yes DNOTIFWL was my first port of call

However, what I realised was that if you set a notification to 'Completed', it does not automatically set the Message Status to 'Confirmed'. Therefore, the status values as seen by Testers from within STWB_WORK does not reflect the updated position.

[This|https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001197002005E/Addtional_Information.pdf] document - once proposed by Raguraman C in reply to another member [thread |;also does not exactly answer the utility served by DNOTIFWL.

At the moment, ii is not an option I have since there is no ABAP talent meant to serve SolMan stream. i is inadequate and iii doesn't help either, unfortunately.

Thanks for your time though. If you ever find a better solution, please update in this thread.

Regards,

Srini

Format changed; Edited by: Srinivasan Radhakrishnan on Apr 24, 2008 1:31 PM