cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checks voided with FCH9 marked as Issued in outgoing file to Bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we write off outstanding checks, we do not wish to reverse the original payment document. Therefore, we used transaction FCH9 to void the checks. We created a new Void Reason, which identifies the void as part of the periodic writeoff of uncashed checks.

The positive pay file which we send to the bank lists these checks as issued, rather than voided. I have looked in the check register, and the void reason code and void date are correct.

Can anybody tell me why the checks would be marked as issued? Is there a configuration which we must set to define whether a void reason results in a voided check vs. an issued/reissued check?

Thank you.

Aoife

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we write off outstanding checks, we do not wish to reverse the original payment document. Therefore, we used transaction FCH9 to void the checks. We created a new Void Reason, which identifies the void as part of the periodic writeoff of uncashed checks.

The positive pay file which we send to the bank lists these checks as issued, rather than voided. I have looked in the check register, and the void reason code and void date are correct.

Can anybody tell me why the checks would be marked as issued? Is there a configuration which we must set to define whether a void reason results in a voided check vs. an issued/reissued check?

Thank you.

Aoife

Update:

The answer appears to be that our AP area requested a Z transaction based on standard transaction FCHX. The Z transaction had void reason codes hard-coded. Therefore, no SAP error. Internal error only.