Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 Autorization

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have created a view of Z name space table using SE54. Now I want that users can edit only that Z Table created by me. But to access the view user needs authorization of SM30 which also opens other tables for users .

How authorization can be controlled for specific table when giving authorization for SM30.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

Authorisations for table maintenance can not be set on a per table basis. It is however possible to restrict access to authorisation groups. You can change the authorisation group of a table in the Data Dictionarry (transaction SE11). In the 'Maintain table' view, click on Utilities>Assign Authorisation group.

The access to the table can then be restricted by the authorisation object [S_TABU_DIS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/76/74ba3bd14a6a6ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm]. The field DICBERCLS defines the authorisation group and the field ACTVT defines the activity (02=change,03=display,...).

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dries Horions

Is it not possible to create a separate authorization group to handle Z Tables.

Authorization cant be controlled by SE93 as it also requires authorization of SM30 at back end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you create a parameter transaction for SM30 and your Z-table (as described by Pavan), you don 't need the authorization S_TCODE "SM30". You "only" need the authorizations S_TCODE for your new transaction and the S_TABU_DIS for the authorization group assigned to your table.

Best regards

Stephan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case you have to design the transaction code for particularly for your table maintainance. If you go to T code se93-> Choose fifth option for creating the T code then it will ask for the table view , provide your table name and give the display parameter. For this T code u can ask your basis guy to provide authorization. This particular procedure id adopted to avoid access to SM30 tcode for the unauthorized people.

Hope this helps u.

Thanks

Pavan .