Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties of datasource, ROOSFIELD-SELECTION difference between X and 3

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone explain what P means when it is referred in comparison for the value X and 3 for field selection in the ROOSFIELD table?

Properties of a DataSource Field

If a request for a DataSource is scheduled in the Business Information Warehouse, selection conditions are specified across certain fields. The property that determines whether a selection in BW using a field

is possible or required is established in the DataSource in the Source System.

In addition, the visibility of the field in BW can be set.

A field that is not visible (or that is hidden) cannot be transferred into the transfer structure.

Definition of the individual values:

'A': Field is hidden in OLTP and BW, property cannot be changed the customer.

'M': The DataSource requires a selection across this field before it is able to extract data (Required field for the generation of a request); property cannot be changed by the customer

'X': The Data Source can select across this field. The customer can change selections and visibility (the field is currently visible and selectable, compare with 'P', '3')

'1': Pure selection field for the DataSource. The customer can change the selection, but not the visibility (the field is currently selectable , compare with '2').

'2': Pure selection field for the DataSource. The customer can change the selection, but not the visibility (field is currently no selectable, compare with '1').

'3': The DataSource can select across this field. The customer can change selection and visibility (the field is currently not visible not selectable, compare with 'P', 'X')

'4': The DataSource cannot select across this field. The customer can change visibility (the field is currently not visible, compare with ' ')

Thanks,

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

P: can't select during load, is visible in datasource (BW)

X: can select during load, is visible in datasource

3: neither of them.

I have the problem that a field has the value 3 and I can't change it in RSA6. So I'm looking for a way the change the table roosfield myself...

any idea's about that?

Regards,

Matthias Gamsjager

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The wiki is currently down.

The link is https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=12607

Here is the information from it.

In your normal course of work in BW you would find yourself "stuck" in certain situations unable to decide how you would move forward. Some of these situations could be because certain functions are not available in the system. Most of these situations can be easily overcome if you know some "handy" tricks. I shall discuss some of the tips and tricks which should be useful to know for a BW consultant.

ROOSOURCE issue:

Enhancements are a never ending part in a project. There would be cases where you may need to add additional field to your datasource. One common issue which has been discussed quite often is that after adding the field to the extract structure it is not available in RSO2 or via RSA6 -> edit datasource. You can call this a bug which I experienced often when I was working with R/3 4.6C and 4.7. The problem can be easily overcome if you understand the ROOSOURCE table. You need to execute this handy program and you are set to go!!

Here are the steps:

Goto R/3 -> RSO2 -> your datasource and see if the newly added fields are there. If yes, then check if the checkbox for hidden is checked. If so, then uncheck them.

Goto R/3 -> SE11/SE16 -> ROOSFIELD table and see if you see the new fields for your datasource. If you see the new fields then execute this program:

tables ROOSFIELD. Update ROOSFIELD set SELECTION = 'X' where OLTPSOURCE = '<your datasource>' and FIELD = '<field which is missing>'.

Execute the program for each of the field and check the entries in RSA6/RSO2.

One caution though: Be careful in executing this program as you need to define the where conditions of the ABAP statement correctly for datasource and the field.

Find the R/3 field for the Corresponding BW info-object and vice-versa:

This is another situation where a BW consultant is stuck trying to find exactly which BW info-object needs to be mapped for the R/3 field in the transfer rules. For such cases you need to use the tables RSOSFIELDMAP. I just checked the info-object for the R/3 field MATNR and I got the BW info-object as 0MATERIAL.

Attribute table:

I just found this by chance. One of the SDNers wanted to know the list of info-objects where a particular info-object is an attribute. You can use the table RSDBCHATR. The field is ATTRINM.

Delta pointer:

Since we are on the point of Datasources, here is a table that contains Delta pointers (Generic Deltas).. I needed to use this to check where the delta pointer has reached so that I can delete older data from the source... The table is ROOSGENDLM for client specific (which is the case for most data sources) and ROOSGENDLT for others. The fields is DELTAID and REPEATID give you the status of the generic delta pointer.

You can get more info of course from the table ROOSPRMSF which contains the control parameters for the datasources..

Regards,

Raj.

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this is the information i wanted. Not sure how i missed it. F4 on the selection field gives these values.

A Field in OLTP and BW Hidden by SAP

M Selection Required, Visible

No Selection Possible, Visibility Set

P Selection Adjustable, Visibility Set

X Selection Adjustable, Visibility Set

1 Pure Selection Field, Selection Set

2 Pure Selection Field, Selection Set

3 Selection Adjustable, Visibility Adjustable

4 No Selection Possible, Visibility Adjustable

Raj.