cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IDocs could be sent to BI using RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts,

I am having problem while loading data from R/3 to BI 7. I have created a generic data source based on a view and I checked in rsa3 and it is fetching 19 records.

I replicated this data source in BI 7, created a cube, created transformations for the data source and then I schedule the info package and my requests are running for a very long time (about 10 hrs) in yellow status and finally failing. The processing step it has failed at is Call to BI. I checked the RFC connection to the source system and it is okay.

Here is the status:

Errors while sending packages from OLTP to BI

Diagnosis

No IDocs could be sent to BI using RFC.

System Response

There are IDocs in the source system ALE outbox that did not arrive in the ALE inbox of BI.

Further analysis:

Check the TRFC log.

You can access this log using the wizard or the menu path "Environment -> Transact. RFC -> In source system".

Error handling:

If the TRFC is incorrect, check whether the source system is fully connected to BI. In particular, check the authorizations of the background user in the source system.

Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transact RFC error

tRFC Error - status running Yellow for long time (Transact RFC will be enabled in Status tab in RSMO).

Step 1: Goto Details, Status get the IDoc number,and go to BD87 in R/3,place the cursor in the RED IDoc entroes in tRFC

queue thats under outbound processing and click on display the IDOC which is on the menu bar.

Step 2: In the next screen click on Display tRFC calls (will take you to SM58 particular TRFC call)

place the cursor on the particular Transaction ID and go to EDIT in the menu bar --> press 'Execute LUW'

(Display tRFC calls (will take you to SM58 particular TRFC call) ---> select the TrasnID ---> EDIT ---> Execute LUW)

Rather than going to SM58 and executing LUW directly it is safer to go through BD87 giving the IDOC name as it will take you

to the particular TRFC request for that Idoc.

OR

SM58 > Give * / user name or background (Aleremote) user name and execute.It will show you all the pending TRFC with

Transaction ID.

In the Status Text column you can see two status

Transation Recorded and Transaction Executing

Don't disturb, if the status is second one Transaction Executing. If the status is first one (Transation Recorded) manually

execute the "Execute LUWs"

Check Note 561880 - Requests hang because IDocs are not processed.

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitu

Thanks. Executing LUW manually solved the problem. But when I run new requests again, it is still running for a long time. What is the permanent solution for this so we dont have to do it manually every time?

Thanks,

Sruthi

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the load is not getiing processed due to huge volume of data, or more number of records per data packet, Please try the below option.

1) Reduce the IDOC size to 8000 and number of data packets per IDOC as 10. This can be done in info package settings.

2) Run the load only to PSA.

3) Once the load is succesfull , then push the data to targets.

In this way you can overcome this issue.

You can also try RSCUSTV* where * is an integer to change data load settings.

change Datapackage size for Flat File extraction, use Transaction RSCUSTV6.

change Datapackage size when upload from an R/3 system, set this value in R/3 Customizing (SBIW -> General settings -> Control parameters for data transfer).

Refer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/51/85d6cf842825469a51b9a666442339/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1955ba90-0201-0010-d3aa-8b2a4ef6...

This is related to loading performance, take a look at this doc 'bw load performance and analysis'

Thanks,

JituK

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have upgrade BI from BI 3.5 to BI 7 and I am facing same issue.

Is there a effect of upgrade? Because before upgrade it run well.

Best Regard,

Ruswandi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi ,

For Transactional RFC error have appiled the following solution

Step -1 ) Monitor the request goto Envoirnment -> Transact. RFC -> in the source system

step - 2) from here login into the r/3 system and then display the tRFC.

Step- 3) delete the tRFCs and then refesh the request

Hope this may help u..

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi ,

Step -1 ) Monitor the request goto Envoirnment -> Transact. RFC -> in the source system

Step- 3) delete the tRFCs and then refesh the request

Hope this may help u..

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi ,

Step- 3) delete the RFCs and then refesh the request

Hope this may help u..

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the below points.

1.Perform the connection and authorization test in SM59 for the RFC connecion.

2. Make sure the RFC user extracting the data is having sufficient authorization and correct profile as per note 150315.

3. make sure there are sufficient number of Dialog process in BW in SM50.

4. check T code SM58 in source system for any more errors.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nitin