cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running upgrade for phase RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are performing a test upgrade in VMWare of SAP R/3 4.6C (Kernel 4.6D 32 bit ), Oracle10g(32 bit), on Win 2003 32bit(vmware) to ECC 6.0 (kernel 700 ) Oracle 10g on Win2003. We are doing Combined Upgrade and Unicode Conversion. So now we are at RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL phase which has been running for almost 5 days and as it getting closer to done getting more slow on processing records. Our database is under 300 GB, so it seems quite unreasonable for it to run this long. It's a dual processor and has 3.75 GB of RAM assigned. Database files are SAN attached using fibre channels.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any recommendations? So far searches on OSS and SDN have not given us much insight.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks

-Deb Donohoe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run " Update Database Statistics" before upgrade, if not, stop upgrade, open a session at OS level and execute - > brconnect -c -u / -f stats -t all -f collect -p 4

also

Check if Background job RDDIMPDP is running, if not, run report RDDNEWPP (se38)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This took care of the problem for us, thanks very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me the problem continue, the bottleneck is the CPU of the appl server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb and all!:

Finally how many time is the normal in the phase RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL executed in the shadow.....

I've launch the sp_updatestats but the time it's the same, another thing to do?.

Regards,

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Alfredo,

I'm performing a CU&UC

I'm currently in the same situation as you were : phase RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL is running a very looooooooong time running

Database statistics are up-to-date, I don't have any CPU and disk bottleneck ...

Had you find any explication/solution for this situation.

Regards

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for any activity in the DIR_PUT/log and DIR_PUT/tmp folder.... Check the last accessed file by Upgrade.... Check for the last few lines in that file and send....

Also check if there is any Dead Lock as well as an Archive Stuck situation...

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've launch the

UPGRADE/SHADOW: START OF PHASE RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL

4 hours ago.

The database size is 600 GB (MSSQL2005), and now there is in batch the job RADCUCNTUPG,

After 4 hours, the job has done 6.501.708 Sequential Read , 124.103 Insert, 1 update and 38 delete.

In the DIR_PUT/tmp and log in these 4 hours there is no change.

It's normal????.

Thanks.

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is a batch job there wont be any thing written in the logs.

But there should be some entries in SLOG and ALOG.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!:

SLOG information:

1. Phase RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL:

ALOG information:

0.0.1. Phase RUN_RADCUCNT_ALL:

And the BTC is running, so i understand that it's correct¿?¿?.

Thanks.

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The job has finished after 20 hours!!!

I've other doubht, in the note 932779 in the page 7 appears that "during CU&UC the nametab is touched twice" so are the two phases of the SAPup.

But in hte page 8 says that "during unicode conversion preparation RADCUCNT runs again twice", but in the CU&UC Guide don't appears this step in the chapter 4.1 (action after upgrade and before unicode).

So it's neccesary to launch the program?? there is not neccesary??

Thanks.

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The time will come down considerably if you have executed statistics once before the upgrade is started and once after it is completed.

This should help in reducing the time period for that phase in upgrade.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MSSQL2005, how can i launch statistics??

Thanks.

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using T-Code DB13 or DBACOCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've used sp_updatestats.

Alfredo.