cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a POP-UP Window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To debug a POP-up Window,just drag & drop the below code written in a .txt file to the pop-up window & it will take you to the debug of that window.

Below is the code:

[FUNCTION]

Command=/H

Title=Debugger

Type=SystemCommand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to debug pop-up window, Gui-status of screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to debug pop-up window, Gui-status of screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to using this method for debugging from a pop-up, a similar method can be used for retrieving the status of a popup window using the following code in a text file and dragging it into the window:

[FUNCTION]

Command=?STAT

Title=SystemStatus

Type=SystemCommand

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were doing this for a long time by using a shortcut.

In SAPGUI, click on the Generate shortcut.

In the following window, in the Application section, select "System command" as type, /h as command and give it any title you want.

Whenever required, drag this shortcut onto your popup window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..it's a useful way of debugging the pop-ups. We are also using it for a while & helps a lot.

Cheers..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you open the shortcut generated from GUI in NOTEPAD you will see the code mentioned by PHANI. But the shortcut is a .sap file. Never realized that it would work with .txt.

Thanks phani .

Cheers.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just copy the code give in a .txt file.When you come to a window ,which you want to debug,just drag this txt file to the window & it will directly go to the debog mode of that window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but I failed. May be I didn't understand the instructions well. Can you please elaborate? If it works, this is a very good tip.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it Phani. Excellent tip, I never thought this would be possible. May be you should collect all such tips and publish a "ABAP tips and tricks" in the code section or weblog.

Thanks for sharing this.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea how this is working technically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had teh similar working model.

i created a shortcut of the SAP session manger from 'Options' which has the settings like SAP release, command, system etc... the only change you have to is select '/h' in transaction field and 'system command' in command type.

i drag and drop this shortcut in the popup box. we have to minimise everything before we do this.

thanks

bye