Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get access key to develop ABAP program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am bird on ABAP, who can tell me how to register and get the access code to develop?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Report the same to the BASIS consultant in your project. He shall get you the Developer Access to your user.

You will not have the authorization to get that, BASIS person shall help you in getting the Access Key.

Reward points if this info helps,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you would like to look up at your developer key and save it and have it available for the next system refresh.

The table name is DEVACCESS and can be viewed with SE16 and SE11.

For new ABAP developer, you will be prompt for the developer if you are trying to create a program using the standard SAP naming convention.

Customer own created program should all start with a "Y" or "Z".

I am an abapper and I want to change the source code of a program. The system is prompting me for an access key. How do I know the access key?

--You need to register as SCCR developer key to be registered in

https://www.service.sap.com/licensekey

--SCCR key will be valid for a installation number of the system registered with SAP

Make sure, your object (table, program names, etc) names are in customer namespace starting with a Z or Y. In that case you wont require a access key. You require an access key if you want to edit SAP code or programs delivered with SAP.

Hope this helps, Do reward.

Edited by: Runal Singh on Mar 25, 2008 1:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to --> service.sap.com/licensekey (get license key options in the above tab) otherwise go to service.sap.com then keys&requests

( for abap access keys do the following things)

then the above tab-->SCCR keys

then u have two checkboxes:

Register developer

Register Object

select Register developer then ask for username .give username and click Register

then u get ur access key for abap .

check this. goto se38 give some name in the program field.then click create.they will ask for accesskey.give and continue...

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rose

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.