cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer balance from one GL account to another, then restict posting

Former Member

Hi Gurus,

We have an GL account (650045) showing balances ($ 4656) and client wants to this balance to another GL account ( 650198) and close then 650045 and see that no postings are allowed in 650045.

Can you please let me know how to do this transfer and then i need to close and resist postings to 650045.

Thanks for your help, i will assign good points.

Thanks

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

You can use a transaction F-02 to transfer the balance. Follow the steps below:

• open a new GL account where th bal has to be transfered.

• take out the exact balance from old GL to be transfered

• Considering that u have a debit bal in old GL & have to transfer the same, the the entry u will pass thru F-02:

'New GL' A/C - Dr - xxxx (posting key - 40)

To 'Old GL' A/c - xxxx (posting key - 50)

• This will pass on ur bal from one GL to another.

• Once done go to FS00, open the old GL. On the top right hand u have a symbol of 'lock'. click on to that. A screen will open with details as ... block for posting, block for creation, block for planning ...

• tick the option of block for posting in both chart of accounts & for company code.

Hope this will solve ur pob.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have further question on your reply. Your answer replies if the GL account is not a open item managed account and having no open items.

Could you please let me know how to handle the situation if the GL account is having some open items?

Thanks and Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Decide whether the new GL need to be open Item basis or not? IF on Open Item basis, transfer all the open Items in the old account through F-04 by selecting "Transfer posting with clearing".

If the new GL is not on open item basis still you can use F-04 for transferring the open Items.

Reward if useful.

Sarma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions. When we use F-04 with Transfer Posting with Clearing, it will transfer the entire balance of that old account to a new account right. My situation is like this. My current account is non-open item managed account. I have some thousands of line items for this account. I would like to open a open item managed account for a different purpose. I would like to transfer all these balances to the new GL account. Please note that it is not just transferring of balance. It must be transfeered each line item wise, instead of transferring a single balance. I have one more old account with the same scenerio which is a open item managed account and which should be transferred to a new account which is also a open item managed account.

My base requirement is to transfer all the current account open items to new account open items as line items instead of total balance. Is there any way to do so.

I will give full points.

Thanks and Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant, Raj

Prashant - could you please explain how you did this?

I am in the exact same position as you were with this transfer issue. Please let me know how you accomplished this. I want to transfer all the items from one GL to another -

> I am not talking about transferring the balance.

Thank you and will appreciate all your replies.

Thank you,

Munair

Edited by: Munair on Jun 6, 2011 11:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For transfer the amount you can update the related tables.

And for restrict the posting you can block the G/L account or make validation in accounting posting.

Regards,

Ravi