cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration and QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Is it possible that the material Std. & Material characteristics is defined in sales order will reflect at the result recording & UD in QC for that particular material.

Regards,

Abhay

Edited by: Isabelle Britten on Apr 11, 2008 2:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you are selceting the char value in sales order, i am sure you have activated Variant configuration. If so do the following

1)you activate a inspection type for that material in QM view and in the insp type details activate the tick insp by configuration

2) Create a MIC by copying the class charetistics.

3) Assign this class charetistics to class say X, class type 300.

4) Assign this class X to product where you have activated variant config.

5) Write a dependency to achieve what you want from the chareistics selection.

Now if you cretae a sales order and insp lot is created, in the insp lot what is intendeded in step 5 will be acheived.

Do the above and come back if required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir ,

I have not activated Varient Configurartion.

Regards,

Abhay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can acheive this without using VC also..

what u need too do..create a batch class and characteristics..

then create same number of Quality Inspection characteristics as same number of batch charactristics..

you can link the batch charactistics into QIS while creating QIS.

now when you'll perform th UD ..result of your QIS will update the batch characteristics values automatically..

if this make sense to ur scenario ...pl rewards points..

or come back with more details..

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam ,

Can plz tell me in detail with t code

Regards,

Abahy

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless I missed understood the posting, the poster wants the sales order to influence the inspection.

If I read your post, you are describing standard batch managment. I.e. linking the general charac and master inspection charc. Can you expand on how your process is utilized by the sales order?

Standard batch mangement is not affected by the sales order.

You must use the sales order to read the characteristics and make the settings in the order. Then select inspection by variant config in the inspection type setup.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use variant config and set inspection by cofng in the material master, then yes, characteristics set at the time of sales order can be used for inspection in the QM lot.

You should review the documentation on variant configuration.

Craig