cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text longer than 60 display in Web (BI 7.0)

WangMeng
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As we know, in BW 3.5, we can use table interface to join several text (less than 60) to a longer text. but since this was not supported anymore in BW 7.0.

Anyone who has experience with this?

Best regards.

Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meng,

If my understanding is correct, I will let u know how to increase the length of the characteristic from 60 to 120 or more but not using web.

Goto particular info object

Add two fields as attributes (most preferably Navigational) for that info object.

For example add ZSSODES and ZSSODES1 as navigational attributes.

The ZSSODES for first 60 characters.

And ZSSODES1 for next 60 or more characters.

Then go to the Info Source of the Info Object. Then right click to go to the transfer Structure..In the transfer Structure, Assign the Source System and Data Source for it.In the transfer Structure, remove the ZSSODES1 field and edit the ZSSODES field to 120 size.

Place a routine for ZSSODES1 field. Then it asks to select a field from the following to write a routine.

Here we use ZSSODES field .

Here u observe that in BEGIN OF TRANSFER_STRUCTURE class,

The info object ZSEC_SO1, field /BIC/ZSEC_SO1, ZSSODES are commented which means that we can’t modify,

And the only modifiable field is /BIC/ZSSODES (000120) because previously we have selected /BIC/ZSSODES field on which our routine depends.

And here comes our ABAP code part:

RESULT = TRAN_STRUCTURE-/BIC/ZSSODES+60(60).

Here the ABAP code stands for our info object ZSSODES1 ,the result should get populated with the fields of ZSSODES with the character starting from 60th position to 60 positions thereafter,,

Here if we write +0(60),

It indicates that read from the 0th position to next 60 positions.

Save the routine, and activate the info source..

Assign points if this helps u...

Regards,

KK.

WangMeng
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Your answer is actually part of my question. You are talking about modeling.

My question is how to display those two infobject's text together from the web side.

For exmple,

AIO1=111111111111111...11111

AIO2=222222

What i want is display them togehter like

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111122222 without any space between.

Best regards.

Meng

WangMeng
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Any suggestion for this topic?

Use web-dempro? or Java Script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meng,

We had a similar issue. Our users are using BI-IP and want to record up to 255 characters of text explaining planned values. They also want that text to show "together" but "wrapping" so that it was not too wide in the query. Our solution was this.

We have an info object that is text only and the max 60 length.

We created a second info object called ZLINE to represent Line number. If the user has more than 60 char of text they create additional text line items using a repost function and give them a line number. The line number is important because w/o it the text will sort by alphabetical order. So as an example our data will look like this:

cost center Line # Text

123456 1 Targets set as $$$ in 2008 based on

123456 2 actual sales activity in 2007

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)