6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2008 6:33 PM by sri nath RSS

G/L account Error while creating Sales Order

Jans Sircar
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Friends,

I was creating the Sales Order with Item Category TAB (Orders in hand). Everything is fine but in the Incompletion Log I am getting error as "G/L Acount".

I have  never found this type of error. I tried to figure out the Consumption account determination based on the Acct. Assignment Cat. as "E" in the schedule line categary of "CB".  There also everything is fine with Valuation Group and Valuation Class of Material as "3100" etc.

I will be thankful and reward points if anybody helps me in resolving the issue.

Thanka in advance,

Jans

• Re: G/L account Error while creating Sales Order
    sri nath

Hi jans

i suppose you are doing an individual purchase order, which has item category group of BANC and item catergory TAB.

As it is an individual purchase order, you need a special stock .

so when you create a sales order VA01 , and try to save , system will show an incompletion log to assign a G/L account   .

so go to -> item data -> account assignment - > click on settlement rule

in settlement rule , enter the G/L account (preferrablly a separate G/L account for revenues )

Now you save the order.

let me know the status

Regards

Srinath

• Re: G/L account Error while creating Sales Order
      Jans Sircar

Hi Srinath,

Thank you for your reply. I have given the G/L account No 415000 (External Procurement Cost) and saved the order. Even then it is showing the same incompletion log of "G/L Account". Of course I have done it in the VA02 mode.

One more question, I did not find this item category (TAB) assignment to any sales order. I mean to say to the item category group. My material is of tem category group "NORM" but I have given the item category "TAB" while creating the Sales Order. Please advice how to overcome this situation.

Thanks,

Jans

Actions