Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventory at Storage location level

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.,

Environment ECC 6.0

Our suggestion on Physical inventory at the client site was as per SAP

"If the flag for posting block is set then no movements can be posted for that material. Note that the inventory document should be created at a material / plant / storage location level so as to not block that material at other storage locations. If a block is not required then do not flag the “Set posting block” indicator. It is always prudent to restrict the amount of materials being counted and to clear the count results quickly so business is not interrupted"

CLIENT feedback: " Like wise we asked the client to make the selection by Plant = 1000, SLoc = 100, and WBS =2312-344-332 and checked Posting Blocked.

My understanding was that this selection would block only the 1000/100/WBS location.

Client is having a problem is that people trying to transact in a SLoc other than 100 (200, 300, 400) are experiencing the “Blocked” warning.

I know I heard that we can inventory a Storage location in SAP and lock it and the rest of the sites could continue without interruption.

Any suggestions on how we can achieve this.

Tx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you setting teh posting block at the time of creation of physical inventory document or by running MI32 later?

If you are running MI32, then ensure that you enter teh storage locations correctly, else the material irrespective of storage locatioons may get blocked.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.,

we are setting the block at the time of creation of inventory documents.

TX