cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapScript Editor has a mind of its own

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to make changes to a form in the Sapscript editor. These are just simple changes, such as:

<C2>My Company</><C2>,,,,,,,,,,,,</><C2>Date</>

When I exit the editor and go back in, it will have changed the above line to:

<C2>My Company</><C2>,,,,,,,,,,,</><C2>, Date</>

or

<C2>My Company</><C2>,,,,,,,,,,,<(>,<)></><C2>Date</>

Neither of which I want. It will do this whether I save the form or not. Activating it also has no effect on these changes.

How do I stop it from doing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before using this call your style

/: style style_name

<c2> Write something</>

It will work.

Regards

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand. What is my "style"? I thought <C2> was my style.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

C2 is not you style you have to create style using SE72.

C2 is you character format.

regards

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What seems to be a pattern here is that is will not let me put an odd number of commas on a line. The problem does not occur if I put 2,4,6,8, etc. commas on the line, but everytime I try to put 1,3,5,7, etc. it will always show one of the commas like this: ,,,,<(>,<)> and leave the others alone.

I went to SE72 and tried to create a style. I named it JSM and gave it a default paragraph. I didn't give it any other attributes because I am not familiar with how to use it. I saved it and activated it. Then back in SE71, I am trying to edit my form again using:

/: STYLE JSM

T4 <C2> Comany</>,,,<C2>Date</>

and when I leave and come back in, I still get:

T4 <C2> Comany</>,,<(>,<)><C2>Date</>

but if I use 4 commas it doesn't happen.

T4 <C2> Comany</>,,,,<C2>Date</>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

For your confusion ,, means a tabspace in SAPScript.

4 commas means two tabspace like that.

here goes the step for creating style:--

Se72-->Give style name

Click on Paragraph Format

Press Icon for create element(Shift+F6)

Click on font and tab button to adjust font and tab space.

Click on Character format to create character format.

Then try again.

regards

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but there is still something I don't understand. If I create a style, am I using that for my formatiing or am I still using my C2 character format?

If I want to use my C2 charater format, do I set up my style to be the same as C2 and then just use the style command?

Why do I need both a Style command and my C2 formatting command?

Can I just use this:

T4 Company name,,,,,Date

instead of:

T4 <C2>Company name</>,,,,<C2>Date</>

When creating the style, it asked for a package to create it in. Does it matter which package I choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first question When style is called the default paragrapgh format style is called.

If u want to change some thing use charcter format for that. It will overwrite the style of paragraph format.

If I want to use my C2 charater format, do I set up my style to be the same as C2 and then just use the style command?

No u have to just call the style once.

Why do I need both a Style command and my C2 formatting command?

Lets take a example:

You have mentioned the font in paragraph format as Times New roman

and you want something in bold.

So create a character format for bold font.

and write

<c2> Bold it</c2>

When creating the style, it asked for a package to create it in. Does it matter which package I choose?

yes when u transport the object to other server if u assign it in package u can transport the style.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Reward if hlpful

regards

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I still have some questions about this whole style issue, but I learned something new today and that is worth the credit. Some lingering questions are:

What happens if I have the same style or charater format (C2) in both my current sapscript form and my style command, which one does it use?

Is there and ENDSTYLE command?

What happens if I make a reference to a character format that does not exist in my style. Will it look for it in the current form? or will it ignore my reference to something that does not exist?

Thanks for all the help.

I'd still like to see that old editor, though. I'm curious to see how it works (and how to get to it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the old editor,

Menu

goto

Change Editor

Voila..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens if I have the same style or charater format (C2) in both my current sapscript form and my style command, which one does it use?

Ans:- If u specify the style name then u can use the charcter format paragraph format in your sapscript.

If u don't mention the style u cant use your own character and paragraph format.

Your current sapscript form cant have any character format unless and until u use your style command.

If the paragraph format are same then also it will use the style paragraph format.

Is there and ENDSTYLE command?

No

What happens if I make a reference to a character format that does not exist in my style. Will it look for it in the current form? or will it ignore my reference to something that does not exist?

First it will look in the current style and if not available It will ignore and make the character format default.

Regards

Sandipan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just change to the old editor...That happens to me also with the new editor...I change to old one and the problem got solved -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which old editor? How do I do that?

Sorry, I just started this whole ABAP thing.