cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit specification: Dangerous goods regulations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create an UN listed substance, but when i introduce the dangerous good regulation (property tree) an error appears that say: "Dangerous goods regulation may not be changed (You cannot change the dangerous goods regulation because this value provides key information for the dangerous goods file.)"

Please, anyone can tell me why i cannot do it? where i have to customizing? because i think that it is all right.

Thank you very much. María.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Can you tell me how you are pulling the DG regulation data into UN Listed substance?? you can not introduce DG Reg directly by assignment, you can pull the data using reference.

Let me know more details like where exactly you are creating Listed sub; i think you are trying to modify the DG regulations which comes by default.

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thank you very much, i solved the problem.

Best regards. Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

One question, for SVT I need to create a new type of specification like a Substance listed type, but that I can assign Material?

In a normal substance listed, I can't assign Material; but for tracking a DG Material for a Specific regulation like REACH, I need the link between the list and Material to calculate: "quantity of Material * Percentage of Relevant Component into REACH LIST".

It's right this?

Regards.

Alejandro González

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think you can assign material to listed substance unlike real substance.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

No, it is not feasible solution here in SVT, since in DG regulation is fixed and you can pull the data using refernce, whereas in SVT, for each substance/material you need to create reference spec for doing so, but its not feasible at all instead you can create scenario, together with a regulation, and assign then to function modules get those values. Let me know if you have further clarifications

these are the standard processes steps in SVT

Determination of the relevant materials

Determination of the relevant substances for the materials (material-substance assignment)

Determination of the substances to be tracked (breaking down of the substances to their components)

Aggregation of the tracked quantities

Saving of the tracked quantities

Regards,

Keshav

PS: You can create new thread for your queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Keshav,

Well know I can use SVT, but have a problem with the overall status, don't give the rigth message ligth.

You have any idea, what is the problem?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

It seems its status problem; Can you repost your question in seperate thread; also can you be eloborate your query please..I will answer there

Regards,

Keshav

Answers (0)